Do I need any different chemical levels for my hot tub vs my pool

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
My hot tub sits elevated on the corner of my pool. When I run the hot tub I turn off my pool pump and shut off the spa return and turn on my spa pump. That way I cycle just the water in the spa and it does not spill over into the pool.

at least once a week I will turn on the pool pump and then cycle the water into the pool.

If I do this do I need any different kind of chemical levels while the water is in the spa?
I currently use my winter rules and have try to keep FC at 3ppm and ph at 7.8 or just below but above 7.5

You FC should always be maintained as a function of your CYA level according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Why are you not running in spill over mode daily to circulate the water in your spa?
Are you trying to keep it heated at all times?

I usually run the spillover to cyle the water almost all the time. However, lately it has been below freezing at night and we have been using the hot tub every night. So i have been circulating it separately so I don't have to reheat the water all the way every night. I cover it and instead of dropping back to 50 degrees at night it stays in the low 70's

So, Yes, If I know I will use it a lot that week I try to keep the heat in. However, I will probably never do it more than a week at a time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.