Do I need a junction box for a Pentair 5g Intellibright 12v light? How and where to wire all my 12v lines together?

G'sPOOL

In The Industry
Aug 19, 2019
Southgate, MI
Hello,

I am in the middle of a pool build and have a few questions about my lighting. I am using a Pentair Easytouch system. I am going to wire 2 PX100 transformers to thier own relay in the easytouch. I want to be able to control my 5 water feature lights independently from the main pool lights. From the transformers I plan on running conduit to a burried valve control box next "-to my equipment pad where I will feed in conduit from all the lights. I am told this should be fine since all the lights are 12v. Plus I like the idea of the extra room for the 18"-24" of slack I need in each line.

My questions are:
Do I still need a junction box for my Intellibright 5g 12v light?
What is the best way to connect or tie in together the 5 water feature lights to the 1 feed line from the transformer?
Do you have a better way?

Let me know what you think or how you did it. Pictures are encouraged!

Thanks!

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
G,

If you want to independently control 5 lights, you will need 5 relays and 5 transformers...

Maybe I just don't completely understand how you expect the system to work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: PoolGate

G'sPOOL

In The Industry
Aug 19, 2019
Southgate, MI
No I want to run the 5 lights on one transformer so they are all in sync and run the 2 pool lights on a separate transformer so I can contrast the colors of the pool and the water features.