Do all these valves need to be 2 way?

sprewitt38

Oct 16, 2020
Tampa Florida
This is my moms pool, completely remodeled approx 6 years ago. They put these turn valves and it takes all her muscle to turn them. She would like them replaced. I've read the Jandy valves are the best but at 50$ each...she has 5 of them. If that's what is recommended we will do that, I was just trying to save her a little $. The 3 way valves would even help lower some of the cost, but a 3 way won't allow for her to turn a little off here or a little off there..correct?
They are labeled, bless her heart I still had to show her and write on the pipes.
Main drain, skimmer, wall on suction side.
Return side, return and bubblers on sun shelf.
20210316_183407~2.jpg

You could use 2 way valves here, since each line is separate, or you could reconfigure the pipes into the the pump so that skimmer and main drain connect to a 3 way valve with a 2 way valve on the cleaner. I believe you can adjust flow with a three way valve, but a two way valve will give more control.

Diverter valves are the way to go. Pentair or CMP may be less expensive diverter then Jandy.

I gets more complicated to understand how to adjust the flows across the lines with 3 way diverters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.