DIY Replacment Vinyl Liner - repairs req'd

You cannot take the liner down by the skimmer and returns. So for no one has been able to reuse it without a big patch IF they got lucky. With @Nashvillejoe it is at the corners and he is going slow and carefully to make sure the liner does not take off dropping all over.
And I have a 9 year old competitive gymnast who can work herself over to the rock if the suction fails-!!!

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
You cannot take the liner down by the skimmer and returns. So for no one has been able to reuse it without a big patch IF they got lucky. With @Nashvillejoe it is at the corners and he is going slow and carefully to make sure the liner does not take off dropping all over.

I am using duct tape that is cut so I can be sure I am putting the liner in the exact place I removed it - and using modified Tile spacers to lock in the tracks so I keep control of the liner- and it does not fall out!!D7A70F8C-4C05-4946-BFB6-3A753D052C7D.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A1F9DB7-60C0-4033-A414-CD5C6A5B8C17.jpeg
    8A1F9DB7-60C0-4033-A414-CD5C6A5B8C17.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: kimkats
We have a bubble that forms on the floor in the shallow end. :'( I've walked it over to the wall... it audibly "burps"... but then slowly reappears. I'm hoping the water will keep it from coming back once its up high enough.

Oh no!! Rocks?? So, how do you do that? Lowering the water then pulling the liner down?? I already know of a couple spots that could use it.. but I was told once the liner is up, you can't take it down again. :-/ If its gonna have to happen, I'd rather it happen now while the water is still low. :(

Success!!! Get the rocks out now!!
A43F95EA-C4B7-4FA8-B53A-ACCC6B2956D4.jpeg

Attachments

• C9A89492-B95C-463B-9573-2DE85D0B7D52.jpeg
    C9A89492-B95C-463B-9573-2DE85D0B7D52.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Newdude
So regarding the air bubble- water weighs about 5lbs/gal- ish….. 25,000 gal x 5 ……. 125K pounds…… so work the air bubbles to the side and they will be moved up the wall by the “weight of water”

sweeping and vacuuming the bottom of the pool is really important….. and since it was sooooooo Darn hot when i was finishing - i had one of the teenagers sweeping…… lets just say, his attention to detail is consistent with being a teenager…… so i have several rocks that need to be removed…… i am not at all worried about pulling a corner- after full- i know the liner is in the right place and i know a 100K lbs of pressure will reset the liner perfectly

i am hoping with a suction cup i can lift the liner and scoot the pebble to the corner without actually having to remove the liner…… we will see in the next hour-ish
I just found a pebble close to a wall... how do those things get in there, when it was swept clean more than once right before we pulled the liner in??? I don't get it!!!

Did you suction cup maneuvering work??? What kind of suction cup did you use?? Did you drain out a lot of water first??

At this point, we're kinda in the place of "riding it out as-is", and if it lasts 5+ years, awesome. If not, fine.. whatever. I am going to start researching the polyurea spray liners. They aren't "pretty" like our Butterfly Effect liner is.. but the benefits I've read so far WAAAAAAY outshine the "pretty"!!! They sound nearly foolproof, so I'm baffled why they aren't used more. There's got to be a catch somewhere... unless the pool builders just don't want to use it BECAUSE of the durability. Its got like a 25 year life, its naturally algae resistant, it flexes 200%, so even if the ground cracks open underneath it, it won't crack. And, the costs I've seen are comparable to a new liner install.

I mean, this stuff sounds like "side eye glare" perfection....

I just found a pebble close to a wall... how do those things get in there, when it was swept clean more than once right before we pulled the liner in??? I don't get it!!!

Did you suction cup maneuvering work??? What kind of suction cup did you use?? Did you drain out a lot of water first??

At this point, we're kinda in the place of "riding it out as-is", and if it lasts 5+ years, awesome. If not, fine.. whatever. I am going to start researching the polyurea spray liners. They aren't "pretty" like our Butterfly Effect liner is.. but the benefits I've read so far WAAAAAAY outshine the "pretty"!!! They sound nearly foolproof, so I'm baffled why they aren't used more. There's got to be a catch somewhere... unless the pool builders just don't want to use it BECAUSE of the durability. Its got like a 25 year life, its naturally algae resistant, it flexes 200%, so even if the ground cracks open underneath it, it won't crack. And, the costs I've seen are comparable to a new liner install.

I mean, this stuff sounds like "side eye glare" perfection....
So I used a suction cup that comes with any iPhone repair kit !!!

It was pretty much useless…if it’s in the shallow end -corner drop the water level to about 4 “ in the corner- pull out the liner in the corner and grab it!!!

If it’s in the deep end then ur pretty much hosed - cut ur patch and have it ready to go- and see if u can find some help to push into the corner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.