DIY paver deck , grass, and bonding

zam

Sep 9, 2018
Washington/DC
My father in law and myself will do the pool deck after the PB is done with the shell. I have to look at the contract and talk to the PB to ascertain what they will bond. Let’s assume they will bond everything but deck, even the initial ring immediately around the pool. 2 sides of my pool closer to the house will be pavers and the 2 others will be bare grass for the time being. The grass sides of the pool are actually bordering an easement which prevents me from building anything permanent. Will the second 8 gauge ring at about 2ft suffice for both the pavers and grass? Should I try to do copper mesh on paver side and ring on the grass? Thanks for the info both what would be safest and meets code

Not what you're looking for, I'm sure, but I'll play the bad guy. Have your bonding system designed and installed by a licensed electrician qualified and well experienced in that work, then have it inspected by your local authorities. Everybody wants to save money, often by DIY methods, me included. But bonding is a big deal and not that hard to get wrong. This is one area of pool construction that must get done 100% correctly...

That was an option as well, just having them do the 3ft under the pavers, but that still leaves the sides that will have grass. I looked at documentation and it doesn't look complicated, laying down a wire or a mesh and connecting it to the rebar the PB will expose. I don't see how I can get that wrong, but I am looking for the best practice specially under grass, unpaved. Most documentation I see is for under concrete or pavers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.