DIY Bluestone Coping and Paver Patio Progress Thread.

+1 for having a pickup truck. It works for the little and medium size stuff. Anything bigger and renting a panel truck is the way to go.

I have my eye out for a beater pick up. I can get most anything I need with my trailer - I have had everything from lawn tractors, to bulk stone, to trees, to demolition debris, to furniture, to a swing set in that thing.

But if I have to go pick up a 4x8 sheet of plywood, it does not fit in the Explorer (well) so I have to put the hitch on, hitch up the trailer, check the electrical, and then when I get back I have to monkey it back into its parking spot and then undo the whole thing. Being able to just take an old pickup to throw sheet goods in would be much easier.

Reactions: kimkats
A beater is worth its weight in gold. My beater has no air anymore and the radio changes input when u got a bump. Lol. But he gets the job done. Gets everything I need to my house and gets my yaks in the water when I don’t take the boat out.

The "pros" would not have done as good a job as you have!!! You are doing a great job and the thought you put into is awesome!

Kim:kim:
I stumbled into this thread and have to agree. If my family needed to eat based on my ability to do this they would starve. I have zero skills in this department. I would probably start smashing things in frustration pretty quickly. Measure twice cut once but there is so much involved to do this right that I wouldn't be aware of. Outstanding job and I am on page two of this thread but felt compelled to say so!!

Reactions: jamjam
Things got super busy for me at work - most likely my wife will live with it the way it is (and i originally planned) - next up is landscapingView attachment 371507
I see you have one of those wacky back yards where no matter how you place the pool, it wont look even with the yard. I got one too. This turned out beautiful!

Reactions: AndyOside

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow what did they whack you per ton/yard for grey river rock?

Looks great overall btw

Sounds like Home Depot prices…
yup HD. It was the same price as the local supply yard and free shipping. Also the stone yards had no stock. It was $2300 for 4400 lbs (2yards)

Last edited:
yup HD. It was the same price as the local supply yard and free shipping. Also the stone yards had no stock. It was $2300 for 4400 lbs (2yards)
Wow that is nuts, I got 10 tons here for 400.00 delivered. Location location

I used one of the largest suppliers near me $72 a yard for crushed plus delivery and tax. Mexican beach pebbles were pretty much all priced the same at $1K+ a yard from the 3 places i checked. I can’t see how they can possibly sell that for $40 a yard - i could have rented a flatbed and drove it to NJ and it would have been cheaper.

I just did a google search and can’t find it advertised anywhere in the country cheaper than $1k a ton/yard

I just did a google search and can’t find it advertised anywhere in the country cheaper than $1k a ton/yard
I do not believe Jonnyd could have been referring to Mexican beach pebbles. I researched for a long time before committing to buy them. The price you payed (.52 cents per pound) is the going rate for them. I was able to get them a the contractors price and payed .46 cents a pound.

Great job on the patio (and stone choice ;)),, It all looks great..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.