DIY Bluestone Coping and Paver Patio Progress Thread.

Also my waste goes to a dry well - but since it is not vented in any way I am seeing air bubble up from the ground above the dry well - i wonder if that is an issue - maybe if i plumb the overflows into the dry well that could act as vent. then again it could also provide a path to shoot pressurized muck into my pool

I often use the port for an overflow. It's the right height for max water level and skimmer function. I've seen people install a line with a valve a few feet back amd cover with a small irrigation style lid. I'm a fan of overflows. Here in NJ we rarely add water over the season

Ran into a snag - my wife wants the far side border to be thicker - i am 35sq ft short and I can’t find more pavers anywhere - it would seem the whole country is sold out. I know there are some unused on a job site somewhere but I can’t find any. Grrr

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Ran into a snag - my wife wants the far side border to be thicker - i am 35sq ft short and I can’t find more pavers anywhere - it would seem the whole country is sold out. I know there are some unused on a job site somewhere but I can’t find any. Grrr
This happened with my firepit... unilock reps are searching all over the US to find a few pallets... I'm crossing my fingers...!

I hope you can find what you need!

+1 (570) 288-1471
Bricks and stone. Kingston pa. Don’t know where in New York you are but.

They are a very large supply house.
Thanks I am on LI so that is a bit of a hike - and i don't heavy duty pickup truck. But If all my leads on LI run out it is not out of the question

Thanks I am on LI so that is a bit of a hike - and i don't heavy duty pickup truck. But If all my leads on LI run out it is not out of the question
Ahhh ur not far. I don’t even need a heavy duty 40 square is nothing for a regular 1/4 ton pickup. Before kids we used to drive out together city and surrounding for diner on a Friday night. If you strike out everywhere around you might have to search outside.

Ahhh ur not far. I don’t even need a heavy duty 40 square is nothing for a regular 1/4 ton pickup. Before kids we used to drive out together city and surrounding for diner on a Friday night. If you strike out everywhere around you might have to search outside.
yeah - might have to stretch the legs on my compact SUV and its paltry payload capacity

Reactions: Snoobug

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have anything that has any trailering abilities? Rent a trailer. Or just rent the a Home Depot truck for the day (probably the cheapest and easiest way and have more than enough payload)

Reactions: jimim
i'm used to having to drive out of my area for so much already. had to drive down to phili twice during my build for more tile and for my mickey's. if it kept my builder on my job i didn't care where i had to go or do to make their lives easier. when i built my house we were constantly going to different places if we wanted more of a selection for various doors or brands we liked.

i don't have a way to transport it myself without renting a truck and i asked for it to be bagged so they can get it into my back yard - if they do dump delivery it will be in my driveway.

I have a small (4x8) trailer that can take a 1/2 yard of stone (weight is the limit). That thing has earned it's keep many times over. The ability to go to the supplier that is 2 miles from my house and pick up a 1/2 yard of whatever I am short is a life saver.

unfortunately my lack of true man/dad bonafides has been exposed via the realization that I have no vehicle with a hitch. If it were local I was gonna go with a Toyota RAV4 and a Mazda CX-5 and distribute the load in the cargo area between the two. If i have to go out beyond 60 miles i think i would probably rent a truck.

Reactions: Snoobug
I could never live without a beater pickup. Carries my kayaks and literally always has something in the bed that I’m doing around the house. My Jeep does any pulling like the boat or gets me around to spots on the river for fishing. My dad always said you always always need a truck.

my neighbor let me borrow his company van to return an entire pallet of concrete to home depot, but i think asking to drive it to PA might overstep our neighborly bonds

Reactions: AndyOside
Lol I’m always grabbing my buddy’s panel van for stuff that has to be inclosed. I had it up. Bring the guys statue shop food every now and then but I’m sure I have paid for using it time and time again when he builds cabinets or furniture for me. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.