DIY Bluestone Coping and Paver Patio Progress Thread.

Wow there is a place I haven’t heard mentioned in 20 years.
Duff’s was the best though. 20 wings, curly fries and a pitcher of beer for 20 bucks. What else could a college kid ask for. Brass rail’s wings were really good too. That was our Thursday night wing and golden tee hang out. Lol

Wow there is a place I haven’t heard mentioned in 20 years.
Duff’s was the best though. 20 wings, curly fries and a pitcher of beer for 20 bucks. What else could a college kid ask for. Brass rail’s wings were really good too. That was our Thursday night wing and golden tee hang out. Lol
I remember 10 cent wing nights back in college, admittedly 35 years ago. Inflation just about destroyed any chance of seeing that again in our lifetime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
$370 for an yard of clean crushed blue stone! isn't it normally $75ish a yard and $15 for the bag. Not sure what places charge for delivery but $150 seems extreme, I'm too frugal to pay for delivery unless I need yards . If you're in the Hauppauge area and need another yard or two message me, I might be able to save you a deliver charge.

Your pool is looking great. Love the blue stone coping. Your work and progress has me telling myself I could redo all of the pavers and retaining walls around my pool. But I don't think I'm up for demoing and redoing 1700 sq ft of paver and concrete and 175 ft of retaining walls myself. I'm sure I could save a bundle in the long run, but cost me in medical bills in the long run.

$370 for an yard of clean crushed blue stone! isn't it normally $75ish a yard and $15 for the bag. Not sure what places charge for delivery but $150 seems extreme, I'm too frugal to pay for delivery unless I need yards . If you're in the Hauppauge area and need another yard or two message me, I might be able to save you a deliver charge.

Your pool is looking great. Love the blue stone coping. Your work and progress has me telling myself I could redo all of the pavers and retaining walls around my pool. But I don't think I'm up for demoing and redoing 1700 sq ft of paver and concrete and 175 ft of retaining walls myself. I'm sure I could save a bundle in the long run, but cost me in medical bills in the long run.
If I need more I will definitely PM you - I’m not far. Yeah that $370 was for 3 bags and delivery. $72 a yard.

my hamstrings hurt from bending while cutting but other than that it’s been not bad.

I was just out in the pouring rain running my pool to waste as the water was up to the coping - since i haven't covered my skimmers yet with pavers, would it be worth it to drill out the rear ports in the skimmer to use as overflow, and pipe off and away from the pool?

I too have an infinity pool right now, thought of going out in the rain this morning but decided to stay dry.

Would be okay with the water height the ports would give you? I think it would just result in having to add water a few more times instead of allowing the water to be a bit high till it evaporated off or was used to vac to waste or backwash. In seven years so far I have only had my pool overflow 3 times. And every time the pool needed a good cleaning from the storm that came through.

I too have an infinity pool right now, thought of going out in the rain this morning but decided to stay dry.

Would be okay with the water height the ports would give you? I think it would just result in having to add water a few more times instead of allowing the water to be a bit high till it evaporated off or was used to vac to waste or backwash. In seven years so far I have only had my pool overflow 3 times. And every time the pool needed a good cleaning from the storm that came through.
i was thinking of doing it with a shutoff so that i can plug the drain - but then open it if i am on vacation or a tropical storm is about to stop by.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.