Diving Board Help

Patrickoleary

Apr 7, 2019
Greensburg,PA
Hi there. I have a diving board that has seen better days. It needs to be replaced.

The original has the following marking in it.

Ideally we’d like to replace it with:
Something with similar holes so we don’t have to redrill and get someone to do
That won’t corrode due to salt water pool
Black color since our stair and rail are that color

Any thoughts?

IMG_7392.jpeg

That is an SR Smith 8' diving board...

Contact SR Smith...

1 (800) 824-4387
[email protected]
6:30am - 5:00pm PT
9:30am - 8:00pm ET

Hi there. I have a diving board that has seen better days. It needs to be replaced.

The original has the following marking in it.

Ideally we’d like to replace it with:
Something with similar holes so we don’t have to redrill and get someone to do
That won’t corrode due to salt water pool
Black color since our stair and rail are that color

Any thoughts?

View attachment 574877
A "saltwater" pool has nothing to do with the rust you see, nor any deterioration of a fiberglass board, unless one third the salinity of human tears is that corrosive. That's the average amount of salt that is in a pool with a SWG.
No one wants to walk on a black board that has been sitting in the Sun, even if such a board is available.

Reactions: Darin
A "saltwater" pool has nothing to do with the rust you see, nor any deterioration of a fiberglass board, unless one third the salinity of human tears is that corrosive. That's the average amount of salt that is in a pool with a SWG.
No one wants to walk on a black board that has been sitting in the Sun, even if such a board is available.
Might be good. Keep the kids off it. 😂

Reactions: newdude
Why are you replacing it? It is visibly cracked? When mine was cracked the kids had a great time trying to see who was going to get it completely broken off.

If is is just because it looks dirty, then take it off and pressure wash it. sand and repaint the lower frame. Then relax until it actually does get a crack.

Why are you replacing it? It is visibly cracked? When mine was cracked the kids had a great time trying to see who was going to get it completely broken off.

If is is just because it looks dirty, then take it off and pressure wash it. sand and repaint the lower frame. Then relax until it actually does get a crack.
It certainly looks bad on the springs and fulcrum. It looks like it is getting to the point that is will fail at some point with the layers of rust coming off. I'd rather take the entire thing off in the interest of safety. Will think about it.