Dive Systems

bc,

All magic with a few minerals thrown in... :confused:

Says it is a SWCG but does not use electricity... It can't be done on a scale that a pool needs...

I admit I only took a quick look, but I'm pretty good at spotting "Magic"... :p

Let's see what our other members have to say...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Looks like an SWG with copper ionizer built in. Lol, even Intex wised up and ripped out the copper ionizer from their SWG models, you would think most would. The most interesting thing to me is that they create a flashy looking SWG (looks like my NOCO battery charger) and market it as some SWG of the Future but put in a feature that even the cheapest SWG manufacturers have forgone for other marketing ideas.

I find the "salt and algae control system" moniker to be quite confusing. SWG's produce chlorine, chlorine controls algae, so every SWG is an algae control system.

EDIT: Oh wait, I missed that it runs off of a turbine instead of being plugged in to a wall. Well, assuming this thing works at all, that essentially means if you want any meaningful chlorine production you need to run your pump full bore. If you have a single speed pump that might be ok, but if you have a 2-speed or VSP then you are going to spend much more running the pump faster than should be necessary than you would for the electricity to run a proper SWG. Given that this thing won't be installed in some remote location, there has to be electricity coming to the equipment pad, there is no reason to have such a feature except for the flash factor.

Looks like an SWG with copper ionizer built in. Lol, even Intex wised up and ripped out the copper ionizer from their SWG models, you would think most would. The most interesting thing to me is that they create a flashy looking SWG (looks like my NOCO battery charger) and market it as some SWG of the Future but put in a feature that even the cheapest SWG manufacturers have forgone for other marketing ideas.

I find the "salt and algae control system" moniker to be quite confusing. SWG's produce chlorine, chlorine controls algae, so every SWG is an algae control system.

EDIT: Oh wait, I missed that it runs off of a turbine instead of being plugged in to a wall. Well, assuming this thing works at all, that essentially means if you want any meaningful chlorine production you need to run your pump full bore. If you have a single speed pump that might be ok, but if you have a 2-speed or VSP then you are going to spend much more running the pump faster than should be necessary than you would for the electricity to run a proper SWG. Given that this thing won't be installed in some remote location, there has to be electricity coming to the equipment pad, there is no reason to have such a feature except for the flash factor.

Well I got one for my above ground pool. So far not too happy.
Starts and when pump stops and starts the next day Dive wont start!
As usual getting hold of them is harder than calling president :)

Neat concept. As internal turbine, which is powered by the water flow, creates the necessary power to run the cell. At 40 GPM water flow they claim a 0.8 lbs of CL production. They claim a max flow of 60 GPM. Probably OK for a smaller pool. No flow, no power; so, flow switch is not needed.

I can see the other guys going this route. Pentair already has the electronics on the cell.

So what are your thoughts about the system now?

Honestly I love it
The fact that I dont have to pay $2k just for automation is great..
It will show lots of info including temp.
I dont like the startup cost :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Neat concept. As internal turbine, which is powered by the water flow, creates the necessary power to run the cell. At 40 GPM water flow they claim a 0.8 lbs of CL production. They claim a max flow of 60 GPM. Probably OK for a smaller pool. No flow, no power; so, flow switch is not needed.

I can see the other guys going this route. Pentair already has the electronics on the cell.

I had .75 HP Intex pump and it was right on border..
I wanted to upgrade my pump anyways so I went with Hayward 1.5
I have AGP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The energy comes from somewhere, if you put a turbine in the water then that turbine is putting pressure on the water causing the water flow to be lower. Your pump has to run harder or you get less flow, or both. The SWG either gets electricity from the mains, or it gets it from water flow that is being created by the pump that is powered by the mains. No free electricity over-unity pseudo-science here, that's one point I will give it.

However, one question has not been answered by anybody. As I said, this thing produces roughly the same amount of chlorine as Intex generators that run in the $150-250 range. Those systems run off of easy to access 110v power, no special wiring needed. No automation needed. So what exactly does this SWG provide that is worth the $1000 premium? I'm hearing "I love it!" but never what makes it worth a grand more than another SWG that produces the same amount of chlorine.

Interesting concept. The simplicity of the installation. I certainly would not pay for the premium however this is bleeding edge product (think Tesla cars) Looks like it is funded by these guys: https://onetencapital.com/our-companies/

The engineering problem: My intex requires 125 watts of power to create .62 LB per 24 hours. I wonder if the turbine has to do this or if they have more efficient way to make chlorine?

What is their secret sauce? (From the funders website:
Formarum has developed a breakthrough solution for harnessing the energy of small-scale fluid infrastructure The company’s patent-pending turbine technology extracts the power from inline flowing water and can redeploy this energy in a variety of ways to create customer value
)

The premium
Some one has to pay for the research and development. Then the cost engineering to make it into manufacturable product. Then there is marketing (how do get out there and teach the marketplace how it is different and worth the price) It is not like they can modify an existing design and slap a new model number and ship it.

If they can find/prove their market niche exists hence make lots of money. then maybe they can start lowering their cost as their volume goes up. Perhaps its enough to demonstrate to their backers that the market exists and then more funding will head their way to reduce the market price to increase the sales volume... then recoup the initial investment.

It's not really that hard of a system to create, build or market. 1/2 hp is 372 watts, this is no different than a hydraulic system and recovering 125 watts from over 400 is not that hard. The hardest part of this system is the shaft seal to the turbine and generator (aka cheap DC motor), and liability if the seal goes too soon

Honestly I love it
The fact that I dont have to pay $2k just for automation is great..
It will show lots of info including temp.
I dont like the startup cost :-(

- - - Updated - - -

I had .75 HP Intex pump and it was right on border..
I wanted to upgrade my pump anyways so I went with Hayward 1.5
I have AGP
So I bought this system 3 years ago but now they went bankrupt…
had to reset the unit but can’t get it to work with browser since their app was also pulled from App Store…
anyone knows how to get is connect via browser ?
I see the ip that it’s connected on my network

So I bought this system 3 years ago but now they went bankrupt…
had to reset the unit but can’t get it to work with browser since their app was also pulled from App Store…
anyone knows how to get is connect via browser ?
I see the ip that it’s connected on my network

Did you try putting the IP (instead of URL) directly into your browser?

I did… nothing happens
I had to reset the unit so I think it’s failing to connect to my wifi
Strange thing is that I see the unit when I look at the router connected device
Wifi glades on the Dive system so not sure if it’s connected to my wifi correctly or not..
You probably need to connect directly to it the first time to set it up.... as in join the Wifi network it is broadcasting or via Bluetooth. The cameras at my beach house do this when they get reset... once connected I can configure them to join the house wifi network. Unfortunately, their app may be required to configure the device once you're connected.

You probably need to connect directly to it the first time to set it up.... as in join the Wifi network it is broadcasting or via Bluetooth. The cameras at my beach house do this when they get reset... once connected I can configure them to join the house wifi network. Unfortunately, their app may be required to configure the device once you're connected.
You’re correct but without app is impossible to connect via wifi to it directly!
I wish there was way to do this via 3rd party app or software

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.