Display not displaying correct temp

AshleyI88

Mar 30, 2023
South Carolina
I have a 2096 J470. Recently replaced circuit board, temp sensor, hi limit temp sensor, heating element and a pump. Spa was running great then we had a power outage. It threw a watchdog code, reset the spa and it worked again. After a few days it started having problem. So again. The display says 104 but the water will only reach about 80 degrees. I've reset and open valves to check for air lock. Also replaced the temp sensor again. Any suggestions?

Call your homeowners insurance provider to determine if it is covered. If so, do what they say, which will involve a licensed contractor. Do not attempt to repair yourself until you know for certain that it's not covered.
Electrical surges can damage many, any, or all components in a spa. Transformer and low-voltage electronics (circuit board, topside) are common, but I've seen pump motors damaged as well.
Start by checking voltage to the spa and out of the transformer (google "sundance transformer test").

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.