Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm sure this is user error, but... if I'm in Pool Math and on the Home Page, and select the pH button on the top right, entering a target pH of 7.1 (from 7.9 with TA of 300), tells me to add 2.5 gallons of MA.

1691247996713.png

If on the other hand, I use the Effects of Adding page instead to figure out how much MA to bring my pH from 7.9 to 7.1 its basically 1 gallon as per this screenshot:

1691248174484.png

If I change Effects of Adding to 2.5 gallons , it says pH goes down by 2.2 (whereas the FIRST screenshot above says the -same- amount will only lower pH .8, not 2.2??

What am I missing here? Or is this some kind of calculation discrepancy in the app?

Check the settings for the pool in the first screenshot - make sure the size is correct.

Read the NOTE at the bottom of the Effect of Adding panel.
I see that, and I think the accuracy of Effects of Adding is pretty accurate based on my before/after testing. The home page -> pH screen, loses some accuracy when you make large pH jumps (for example, 7.9 to 7.1). When you instead tell it 7.9 to 7.4, it's way more accurate at 1.25 gallons (which correlates well with my addition of 1 gallon this morning, which bring my pH down to 7.4, tested 1 hour after adding.

I'll be my careful about the math for large pH adjustments... (Just refilled pool, and TA is a fun 300 so working at bringing it down.)

Thanks for the tip.