Dirty water but no CC

Hi all. Been with tfp for a while now, but this one is throwing me for a loop. I have had dirty looking water for a couple weeks. There is dirty junk on the bottom of my pool and it definitely has a green tinted. I have posted full readings below, and I don't see how I could have algae blooming since I have no CC? I've also been running swg at 50% and my fc is always around 3 or 4.

I feel like this is more of a filtration problem since the water just looks dirty. Can I be wrong here? I dumped a couple gallons of chlorine liquid I had and bumped swg to 100% ultra hence the large readings below.

Thoughts?

TA 90
Cya 80
Ph 8.2 (keeps drifting up)
Fc 17 (currently have swg on super)
Cc 0
Ch 125

Hi all. Been with tfp for a while now, but this one is throwing me for a loop. I have had dirty looking water for a couple weeks. There is dirty junk on the bottom of my pool and it definitely has a green tinted. I have posted full readings below, and I don't see how I could have algae blooming since I have no CC? I've also been running swg at 50% and my fc is always around 3 or 4.

I feel like this is more of a filtration problem since the water just looks dirty. Can I be wrong here? I dumped a couple gallons of chlorine liquid I had and bumped swg to 100% ultra hence the large readings below.

Thoughts?

TA 90
Cya 80
Ph 8.2 (keeps drifting up)
Fc 17 (currently have swg on super)
Cc 0
Ch 125

I also forgot to mention I did a 6 hour TSP soak on my cartridge although it wasn't really that bad to begin with.

You need to follow the SLAM Process. Use liquid chlorine.

CC is primarily from ammonia based compounds. Algae does not generate much CC.

Last edited:
And here I thought I was going so good :(

So was this just a result of keeping FC too low and overtime it built up?
After reading the above tfp expert’s opinions, I agree, your FC likely was the biggest issue. Since You cleaned your filter recently, it was just pointed out to me, if any of those white horizontal bands break, it’s time to replace the Filter.
Do you have a good pool cleaner? Important to get that stuff off the bottom as much as you can manage - ideally thru the cleaner because that will save your cartridges that extra load of pool bottom stuff...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.