Dirt keeps reappearing

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Ok See picture below. I will vacuum my pool with your standard translucent head vacuum and it will be all clean. Then the next day the dirt is back. Any ideas? I know its not dead algae because it doesn't "poof" when touched. I know its not sand (I have a cartridge filter). In fact, its the opposite. I have to rub the vacuum head bristles back and forth a bunch of times to get it to pick up. I read in another thread someone said the bristles were too long? I know you will ask for test numbers so here they are from my TFT kit. It so infuriating. I am using a hairnet also in my skimmer basket and its filled when I am done. I suspect MAYBE that the dirt is being agitated from the bristles too much that it doesn't get sucked into the center of the vacuum where the suction is. I just ordered individual tests from TFT not the full TFT100 since it was less money not to include calcium tests in there and I think my water on Long Island is not hard at all. I will order it if people think it could be calcium.

FC 5.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 60
CYA 50
Salt 2800

dirt.jpg

I'm getting pollen nodules dropped in my pool from the neighbors tree daily.

Do you see anything like that floating in your pool? They eventually sink
and quickly break down into a brown dust.

Well, if it's not algae, and it's not dirt or sand, what is left?

What does it do when you pick it up between your thumb and forefinger? Is it hard to get off the bottom? Does it feel grainy?

Our pool does this every year. I thought it might be mustard algae at first, (it had a brown/yellow appearance etc). But it turned out to simply be pollen and dirt. I'll see these "streaks" appear again the next day but it takes close to a week before it's at the same quantity. Annoying, but no harm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.