Dimension One spa circulation error

Jan 10, 2013
I have a 2017 Dimension One Aurora spa and am having trouble getting it to start after changing the water. I've done everything I know to do from previous experience with this procedure. As far as I can tell there is no air lock as both the jet pumps come on and circulate the water as usual. But the circulation pump does not move any water even though I can hear it running. And without the circulation pump the heater won't come on of course. I've checked the fuses for continuity and all check good. I've put a hose into the outlet in the footwell where the circ pump usually sends out a stream of bubbles and some air did burp out of the system but now I don't believe that there is any air left in the system. I've removed both filters and unscrewed the caps next to the filters and run water into those openings which used to be enough to get things going - not this time. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

both the jet pumps come on and circulate the water as usual. But the circulation pump does not move any water even though I can hear it running.
The jet pumps are independent of the circulation pump/heater plumbing.
Did you fill through the filter well?
It's a royal PITA to get to the circ in a D1, but you can burp it there by removing the hose on the front. It has a spring clamp that's a *%#!& to get at. Theoretically you don't need to if the bleeder is open, but those can have issues too. If it has a top flow switch you can unscrew that to burp it as well, but be careful you don't get the electronics wet.
A circ will rattle if it's dry or imbalanced. If any debris made it down the filter pipe, even a long hair or pine needle, it can make it rattle and drag since there is no physical connection to the motor, the impeller rides a magnetic field and free-floats in the housing. This is also why it can't push put out an airlock, since too much backpressure slows the impeller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.