Differences in Dolphin DX5i and Triton PS

May 10, 2015
West Chester / Ohio
I am looking for a new pool cleaner and want to get away from a suction style one. I like these 2 models but I cant find what is different about them. The Maytronics website shows the same specs for both. Anyone here have any insight on the differences and if one is better then the other? I like the idea of Wi-fi (not bluetooth) so I can see it on my RING camera and help it get past the drains or steps no matter where I am.

It will be used in a 18x36 inground vinyl pool with 8' deep end.

Thanks!

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
I just bought a DX5i, which arrives on Wednesday. Other than color, I don't think there is a difference. The S300i is also the same, except maybe WiFi, it comes with a carry cart and costs more from a dealer. The Pentair 930 is the same as well. Several people have bought the Pentair version. The DX5i color will match closer to my pool. The Triton would be "High Contrast", which is also fine.

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
The DX5i is going to take 2-3 weeks. They were supposed to have 20 in stock...

So I bought the Triton PS plus with the WiFi, and the high contrast color scheme. And it was "slightly" cheaper, delivered.

Gladius Nova

Dec 29, 2016
Fair Oaks Ranch, TX
I have the DX5i and could never get the Bluetooth to work. I don't really need it but it was just a "nice to have" feature. Whenever I purchase my next robot, I will pass on a wifi/bluetooth feature and save a few bucks.

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
The main reason I like the DX5i and Triton PS Plus is the daily cleaning schedule where you can decide quick clean vs full clean. I expect a quick clean is all that is needed 6 days a week and full clean 1 day a week. Most of the "dumb" units only have one cleaning cycle. I'll report back on the WiFi on the Triton PS Plus.