Differences in Dolphin DX5i and Triton PS

I am looking for a new pool cleaner and want to get away from a suction style one. I like these 2 models but I cant find what is different about them. The Maytronics website shows the same specs for both. Anyone here have any insight on the differences and if one is better then the other? I like the idea of Wi-fi (not bluetooth) so I can see it on my RING camera and help it get past the drains or steps no matter where I am.

It will be used in a 18x36 inground vinyl pool with 8' deep end.

Thanks!

I just bought a DX5i, which arrives on Wednesday. Other than color, I don't think there is a difference. The S300i is also the same, except maybe WiFi, it comes with a carry cart and costs more from a dealer. The Pentair 930 is the same as well. Several people have bought the Pentair version. The DX5i color will match closer to my pool. The Triton would be "High Contrast", which is also fine.

There is one difference between the Triton PS Plus, it is WiFi vs. Bluetooth for the DX5i. The difference on Amazon is about $12.

The DX5i is going to take 2-3 weeks. They were supposed to have 20 in stock...

So I bought the Triton PS plus with the WiFi, and the high contrast color scheme. And it was "slightly" cheaper, delivered.

The main reason I like the DX5i and Triton PS Plus is the daily cleaning schedule where you can decide quick clean vs full clean. I expect a quick clean is all that is needed 6 days a week and full clean 1 day a week. Most of the "dumb" units only have one cleaning cycle. I'll report back on the WiFi on the Triton PS Plus.

The main reason I like the DX5i and Triton PS Plus is the daily cleaning schedule where you can decide quick clean vs full clean. I expect a quick clean is all that is needed 6 days a week and full clean 1 day a week. Most of the "dumb" units only have one cleaning cycle. I'll report back on the WiFi on the Triton PS Plus.
How do you like the DX5i after a few seasons of use? Does the WiFi/Bluetooth work for you? Thinking about buying one myself. Thanks!

A long story, but I ended up with the Triton. It is the same except color. And the S300i and Pentair prowler 930 are the same.

Cleaning it does an excellent job including the water line. I loved the cleaning schedule and have kept the unit in the water for 2 years. Set to clean everyday same time.
Wifi, except for programming I really didn't use it. Occasionally used it to turn on for a bottom only clean.
The bad, it is presently at Maytronics under warranty for the second time.
Read the thread started 5 years ago by Joyful Noise. His S300i died at 5 years with keeping it in the water. If this is the case, we should pull them out after cleaning. Which means the programmed schedule is worthless.
The conclusion is get the S200 or equal DX4 or Triton PS.

Reactions: jersey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.