Twin Cities MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I was walking around and just checking things out before we open the pool not that the snow is gone. I was looking at the pipes coming from the two skimmers and the drain and I saw that one of the pipes was not closed. Is this a problem? Was this on purpose or an oversight? The open pipes is from a skimmer in the shallow end of the pool. NotCertain if he used antifreeze but fairly certain he did. I also removed the gizmo from that skimmer and no bubbling. See picture. 2B779F29-79F5-4FFF-9A53-5EF3460C0464.jpeg

It is probably fine if the Gizzmo had a good watertight seal. It is done and all you can do is start up the pool and watch for any sighs of a leak.

Were the other valves open when you removed the gizmo? If not, it could be an issue. I always close all valves on a winterization because I don't trust plugs and gizmos, but some guys only close the main drain valve. Unfortunately there is no real industry standard for that.

No other pipes were open - just the one shown in the picture. Just as it would have been left last fall when the pool was closed.

As I stated, I removed the Gizzmo from that skimmer and the other skimmer. I have not made any other changes or opened any other pipes. After about 24 hours, there is no change in the water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.