Did i screw up my flow

mernova

Feb 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hoping the brain trust here can help.

16K Gal pool, 1.5HP Pentair whisperflo pump, 1HP pump to solar heat, Paramount in floor cleaning system. Hayward SWG.
Here is the issue. Pool originally came with a chlorine feeder, i had the Hayward SWG installed. Shortly after i noticed that the heads in the infloor cleaning system are no longer popping up, also when i turn my valve to sunset fountain water flow does not increase dramatically. Prior to i could create a continually running fountain almost to my 2nd story.

Did installing the SWG grealy reduce water flow?
Do i need a larger pump?

Pump motor is fairly new, 1-3 years old
I have checked/replaced filter (cartridge type)
I have changed impeller.

Any ideas?

20200110_164711[1].jpgAttached is a pic of setup.

Installing a SWCG will not generate appreciable head loss. So that is not the issue.

Check your valve settings. Check that you installed the correct impeller.

Thank you...
Impeller was the same part number as original.
Filter is a cartridge filter only a few months old, and i tried running the pool without it as a test and there was no difference.

One thing i did notice was that the two fixed heads in deep end stayed down until i turned off my water features. BUT this should not matter as it all worked OK prior to the SWG install.

I will say i do have a small air leak that i cannot find. I have changed O-rings around filter lid, pump basket lid, floor cleaner lid. Closed valve to solar heat, all made no difference.

If the filter is clean, perhaps you have a clog somewhere, leaves or something like that? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot for a clog, but one relatively easy place to check: remove the SWG (by unscrewing its unions) and see if anything got snagged up against its innards.

M,

You never did say what your filter pressure is.. ???

If the SWCG was clogged up your filter pressure would be very high. What was the pressure before you installed the SWCG and what is it now?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.