Bluffton, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I’ve been having trouble keeping chlorine in my pool (SWG set at 40-50%)(10,000 gallon pool). I starting a SLAM last night adding 1.7 gallons of liquid chlorine. I tested my water this morning and showed zero chlorine. Should I continue SLAMMING or am I doing something wrong? FYI cloudy water is looking much more clear.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Let's start with some basic questions:
1 - How are you testing?
2 - Can you post a full set of test results?
3 - Are you on a well?

Please also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include which test kit you are using as well.

Be sure to bookmark our Pool Care Basics page for lots of great info.

Yes, keep SLAMing. Replenish the FC back to SLAM value and then check it 2-3 times daily replenishing it to SLAM level each time.

Please also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include which test kit you are using and the test results if you have them.

1 - How are you testing?
3 - Are you on a well?

Please also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include which test kit you are using as well.

I’m testing with Taylor 2005 kit. I’m waiting for the
1 - How are you testing?
3 - Are you on a well?

I’m using the Taylor 2005 kit. The new Taylor choline test kit will be her Thursday. I figured since I keep going back to zero, I wasn’t worried about testing high chlorine level yet. I added 1.7 gallon of liquid chlorine yesterday, tested again this morning (0), added 1.7 gallon, and tested when I got home zero again.

As you can tell, I’m having posting difficulties too! Lol I’m on city water. Test results last night were as follows;

FC: 0
TC: 0-0.5
CC: 0-0.5
PH: 7.4
CYA: 55

CH has been 200/210 this week when I last tested.

I may answer my own question. I am slamming with “Chlorinating Liquid” 10% sodium hypochlorite. Should I enter this as 10 bleach for pool math!? If so, I’m a gallon short each time.

Noobie here - never done a slam yet - but as I understand it, if you have nasties like algae in your pool they consume all the chlorine quickly (as the chlorine is doing its job) - eventually you’ll win the battle if you keep it up.

Also at 55 cya the slam level is 22 or 24 I believe? Youre supposed to round up to the next higher 10, so say 60 cya so 24 fc.

You’re getting to 17 with your bleach if it’s 10% in a 10k gallon pool (if my math is right). I’d say add 2.5 gallons that’ll get you to 25.

Feel free to double check or correct me on the above. As mentioned in a Noobie :)

You can't do a proper SLAM Process until you have the FAS-DPD chlorine test. While you are waiting for it to arrive, do your best to keep the FC level at or above 5 (which is the minimum for your CYA of 60). Don't try to reach SLAM Process FC level until you get the FAS-DPD and you can test properly. Also, brush up on the SLAM Process so you are ready to go when the FAS-DPD supplies arrive.

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.