Dichlor or Trichlor?

It will give you an indicator of chlorine up to 5 ppm.

You can order the FAS-DPD test kit and refills for the CYA test at the link above.

So I really don’t need to use it correct?
I am lost. You said you did not have a FAS-DPD, then you said you ordered it yesterday. You should use the FAS-DPD test when you need to know what level FC you have. If all you need to know that chlorine is in the water, use the K1005 test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am lost. You said you did not have a FAS-DPD, then you said you ordered it yesterday. You should use the FAS-DPD test when you need to know what level FC you have. If all you need to know that chlorine is in the water, use the K1005 test.
I said it wasn’t in the kit but I was mistaken on what type of kit I have and it is not in the current kit I have. I told you later in the thread that I ordered it yesterday.

With the FAS-DPD test you not only get the FC results (especially over 5ppm) but you *also* get the CCs (Combined Choramines) which you might loosely call "the cooties" in the water.
So while the OTO tells you "Yes, you have chlorine but not sure how much"
The FAS-DPD tells you exactly how much free chlorine and then if you have contaminates or not.

Maddie ✌️

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.