benmccurdy

Apr 5, 2020
Alexandria, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Should I use Dichlor or Trichlor tabs to maintain chlorine? Also, if they both contain stabilizer and stabilizer don’t dissipate, eventually will my stabilizer become to high?

thank you and appreciate any information

Yup... your stabilizer will become unmanageable and you'll learn how algae can take over a pool with such levels.

Too much stabilizer makes it difficult to sanitize properly because you'd need sooooo much Free Chlorine (FC) to balance out the stabilizer (CYA).

Have you considered Liquid Chlorine (LC) or a salt water chlorine generator (SWG) ?????

Maddie ✌️

Yup... your stabilizer will become unmanageable and you'll learn how algae can take over a pool with such levels.

Too much stabilizer makes it difficult to sanitize properly because you'd need sooooo much Free Chlorine (FC) to balance out the stabilizer (CYA).

Have you considered Liquid Chlorine (LC) or a salt water chlorine generator (SWG) ?????

Maddie ✌️
I usually use liquid chlorine. I just have Trichlor tabs left over from when I moved in the house

OOops! Just caught that your test kit is only a 2005. You need to order up the missing FAS-DPD test to make your kit equivalent to the one we recommend.
This test will test FC and CC up to 50ppm. Very necessary as most kits only go to 5-10ppm max.

FC/CYA Levels

Maddie ✌️
I have the FAS-DPD test stuff

We round 25 up to 30 (its a logarithmic scale, not linear) So with 30ppm of CYA, if you feel you can absorb a bit more CYA in to you water-go for it!
Use PoolMath's Effect of Added Chemicals to tell you how many you can use to reach, say...40ppm?

Maddie 🖖

Reactions: benmccurdy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you update your signature with K-2006 test kit then. Saves all of us asking you to get the FAS-DPD test over and over.

Maddie 🖖
My bad, my FAS- DPD test had expired and I need to get some more. Should I use that test, since I am new to it, instead of the chlorine test in the TF 100?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.