DFW Pool Build - Flower Mound

Hi! We’re in the process of permitting for a pool in flower mound. We’re getting hung up on additional info for installing the h/c and need all electrical specs and diagrams for it. Was this your experience as well?
We built 14 years ago but it sounds like Flower Mound is still a challenging permit process. Our primary issue was running gas from an existing stub for the grill to about 25’ farther away. We were initially told it would take an completely new gas line at a cost of about $2500. I pressed the builder to at least try and I’d take the risk if it didn’t pass inspection, since it was going to save a bundle if it worked. Inspection was done in the morning during early spring and cold overnight temps kept dropping pressure to a couple of pounds below spec. Finally got the inspector to test in the afternoon and it passed!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just looked back on my build and we had about 6 weeks left in our build from the tile install. I remember it was a frustrating portion of the build since you had lots of different trades that needed to come in followed by inspections. Seemed like they would work a day, wait a day or 2 for inspections, then the next crew would show up 1-2 days later. Hopefully yours goes quicker, but there are a lot of moving pieces.

Also, does he not use poologics for scheduling anymore so you can see who is coming and when along with your selections? I pulled some of the milestones from our build starting from the tile date:

+1 week - Gas install, stone work, raised wall
+2 weeks - Inspections
+3 weeks - Plumbing, equipment, electrical
+ 4 & 5 weeks - Decking and more inspections
+6 weeks - Plaster

Keep in mind that just about everyone it seems like is building a pool. Ours was built this summer and took a smidge over 10 weeks between coping and plaster, but I hope yours goes faster!

thanks for the insight. Got all pool equipment today and plumber coming by today for installation. Then electrical work.

thinking of adding an infrared heater, any thoughts on that for anyone that had one installed? also any other ideas that were good additions that electrician can do?

thanks for the insight. Got all pool equipment today and plumber coming by today for installation. Then electrical work.

thinking of adding an infrared heater, any thoughts on that for anyone that had one installed? also any other ideas that were good additions that electrician can do?

We added a 240V run to our pergola and added a 6000W infrared heater. We just had the roof installed on the pergola this weekend so we haven’t been able to use it with the roof trapping the warmth in. It still worked fairly well with no roof, especially warming towels that were on the table underneath it for when we got out of the spa. Standing directly under it, is quite warm. I’m hoping with the roof, it will be warmer sitting lower at the table.

I’ll let you know as I plan to use the spa tonight and will turn on the heater as well.

as far as other electrical, I wish I had run landscape lighting wiring to each column of the pergola, it would have been nice to incorporate a wall edge mounted down light. Instead, I have one channel running to the top of the pergola and will add 2 down lights using Pentair color landscape lights that I can sync with the pool.

I need to update my build thread with more lighting pictures and the final landscaping, landscape lighting, music system, etc...

It's been a while since last update, time just has flown by. Water is in pool and just having the chemicals be right to start swimming. Expect everything to be all ready to go by next week or two. Will share pics once I take a few tomorrow. Winter Storm certainly did not help matters and delayed it by a few weeks but been very happy with our pool builder.

Please include pics of your patio/pergola area. We’re in the middle of getting bids to remodel our outdoor living space and finally adding a cover. I took note of your electrical/lighting and heating design, as those are details often overlooked. I’m a little worried about Flower Mound inspection because I’ve been told that they’ll include gas line as part of the inspection, even though it’s been in place for almost 15 years.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.