Desperation

I thought you were following the FC/CYA Levels. Why is your FC so high?
Because one way or another. Somebody's gonna win and games about over. So I brought the FC up to 79ppm with a CYA of 39. Now I'm back on the chart. Note it's looking better. But sun is shinning.

FC. 13
PH. 8
TA. 90
CA. 150
CYA. 39
T. 80

I was quoted to SLAM at FC 14 to a CYA of 20. 4 wks ago I think. Spending all summer working mostly on a pool. Is not my idea of trouble free. I have other projects that need attention. Plus I can't even enjoy my pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CDC

First off, thanks for sharing your PoolMath logs! Helps out a TON!! First thing that grabs my eyes are the creation of new test result logs. I’m sure there’s data in this thread but it makes it hard to follow. Adding the test results there is easy to follow.

So let’s get you on track! Next time to test can you test both your FC and CYA levels unless it’s been tested in the last day or two. Let’s all get on the same page working to get this pool clean. ?

Reactions: CDC and Tena
@CDC

First off, thanks for sharing your PoolMath logs! Helps out a TON!! First thing that grabs my eyes are the creation of new test result logs. I’m sure there’s data in this thread but it makes it hard to follow. Adding the test results there is easy to follow.

So let’s get you on track! Next time to test can you test both your FC and CYA levels unless it’s been tested in the last day or two. Let’s all get on the same page working to get this pool clean. ?
Thank you...I tested CYA this am it was 39. FC at 2pm was 13. Added chlorine for a level of 16. I will check it again at dusk. It appears keeping it a little high is working. As if yesterdays....I doing my on testing and adding chemicals. So it's precise and not guestimated. Totally in control of this pool.

Can you see the yellow green in these pics? Even the net is yellow.

Attachments

• 1562277364702323153804.jpg
    1562277364702323153804.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1562277393904-961142702.jpg
    1562277393904-961142702.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1562277440282-1533462138.jpg
    1562277440282-1533462138.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 12
Thank you...I tested CYA this am it was 39. FC at 2pm was 13. Added chlorine for a level of 16. I will check it again at dusk. It appears keeping it a little high is working. As if yesterdays....I doing my on testing and adding chemicals. So it's precise and not guestimated. Totally in control of this pool.
I'm just curious how you are getting 39 for CYA?

The CYA test is a logarithmic scale, you can not extrapolate, use whole numbers. Its 40 for you. I still think its Copper staining. Anyone in your house with blond hair? They can be the guinea pig, if it turns their hair green its Copper!;) The pool is safe to swim if FC is at or below slam levels for your CYA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The CYA test is a logarithmic scale, you can not extrapolate, use whole numbers. Its 40 for you. I still think its Copper staining. Anyone in your house with blond hair? They can be the guinea pig, if it turns their hair green its Copper!;) The pool is safe to swim if FC is at or below slam levels for your CYA.
I've done had this argument with my husband. I wished it was stain. The only copper ever put in this pool was last wk. If that's true....then why did I have the same stuff only more of it 2 mth's ago?

I thought chlorine turned blonde hair green.

I've done had this argument with my husband. I wished it was stain. The only copper ever put in this pool was last wk. If that's true....then why did I have the same stuff only more of it 2 mth's ago?
You havent filled in your signature, this way we know more. Do you fill from well water or city water?

As per green hair, think Statue of Liberty, what’s that made of? Yep, Copper. New it looked like a penny........

How often have you been vacuuming?

I see you said as of yesterday you were testing your own pool water and no more guesstimating. What had you been using prior to test? I assume, and someone will correct me if I wrong (you know what they say about assuming) but if you really were guesstimating for all these weeks, your numbers could have been that far off that nothing you were adding was actually helping kill the mustard algae.

Also, as an intex owner with the standard intex pump, it takes a while of doing it correctly to clear algae. I’m SLAMing as I type this. Over 5 weeks in. (Had some pump/filter issues)

I thought chlorine turned blonde hair green.
I see you said as of yesterday you were testing your own pool water and no more guesstimating. What had you been using prior to test? I assume, and someone will correct me if I wrong (you know what they say about assuming) but if you really were guesstimating for all these weeks, your numbers could have been that far off that nothing you were adding was actually helping kill the mustard algae.

Also, as an intex owner with the standard intex pump, it takes a while of doing it correctly to clear algae. I’m SLAMing as I type this. Over 5 weeks in. (Had some pump/filter issues)
My husband was testing and I was adding chlorine. He was adding the stabilizer. But he is not as precise at measuring. I just took it over to make sure. I have a Hayward sand filter. During the day I'm sure I had my chlorine high enough. Just had a low CYA so was losing to much chlorine. Now it's up to CYA 40 and FC 30. Can't understand that because I added suggested amount at 2pm of chlorine. At 6pm it was 30.

I’m looking at your logs and see no additions of test results from today. It’ll really help out having that timeline. It appears you’ve been all over the place with testing and such, we just wanna take things one step at a time.

So you’re vacuuming frequently and brushing. Every time you brush it clouds up and turns stuff green. Is all this correct?

Its copper that turns blonds green. Lots of hidden copper in products, like the Clorox XtraBlue line of products is loaded with copper. Ever use those pucks or algaecides before?

Do you fill from a well?? That yellow pic looks like what iron would do in water.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.