Design suggestions ideas

The guys shooting the shell will be the ones to make the steps and seats in the pool and spa. To make different heights in the spa they will shoot the gunite in the area you want the high spot how ever high you want that area to be and finish it. This will serve you well in the future for the kids and other people.

Depth+kids=they will only be small for a couple of yrs until they are big enough to tip toe then walk in the shallow end. I always say to begin with the end in mind so................that is the reason for saying 4' to 6'. While they are small they will use the spa as a small pool as well as the shelf will be there play area.

Seems as if you have the lights all set up. NICE! Don't forget to have them install one over the equipment pad. You will thank me the first time you have to go out there at night!

Kim:kim:
I asked them to add the light over equipment pad . Any fixture you would recommend ? I have to provide fixture they provide everything else

Pregrade started !
Any tips about landscape repair my poor wall and front yard but we knew this was only way

Attachments

• 94C7E657-196B-434F-9E15-38125E76E4F9.jpeg
    94C7E657-196B-434F-9E15-38125E76E4F9.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 2BE1A504-CCCD-46E1-8C84-437B320D101A.jpeg
    2BE1A504-CCCD-46E1-8C84-437B320D101A.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 3D1E8C6E-F7D1-4EF6-8467-510D98D7C5DC.jpeg
    3D1E8C6E-F7D1-4EF6-8467-510D98D7C5DC.jpeg
    638.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 89EA88CA-9CE0-4581-B367-5ED58DC269F8.jpeg
    89EA88CA-9CE0-4581-B367-5ED58DC269F8.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 48
  • F5DAC8C8-4FD4-4594-84B0-865F1C1568E0.jpeg
    F5DAC8C8-4FD4-4594-84B0-865F1C1568E0.jpeg
    755.8 KB · Views: 46
For the yard you can buy some thick plywood for them to drive on. It will keep them from sinking in as far. The yard will still get messed up just not as bad. In the end you will need someone to bring in some dirt to build that area back up and sod. Talk to the tractor operator and see if he will do it as a side job when your build is done (IF you like his work that is).

Wall-That will take some skill but a good mason should be able to fix it up so it is not even noticeable. Do you think you might like a gate there? If so now would be the time to make it happen. For right now I would find some thing to put up across that open area just to keep critters (2 and 4 legged) out. It could be as simple as plastic fencing or such.

Kim:kim:

Part of my prep for building pool since we have so much electrical to install we had to install subpanel . I wasn’t really thrilled with the install for electric subpanel it’s 100a from 200a main. It will house mostly pool circuits to omnillogic panels. We ran out of Cirxuits in main panel . People comments person used wrong mount , the. Flex wiring overall was not a great job . I wanted the work inspected to make sure it is safe and operational ready for pool. I was thinking pool builder already ha some permits pulled so they will probably do a final check on electric inspection is that correct ?

Attachments

• ECDBD1B6-B14C-4F7B-959A-75063D7A974E.jpeg
    ECDBD1B6-B14C-4F7B-959A-75063D7A974E.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 29

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I truly want trouble free pool.
My pool builder tried very hard to keep me on Ozone & UV system but I trust that you guys are more in the know on these things and pushed for big salt cell system.
He said I would have to design dislcaimer that I install salt, then disclaimer for entry for 3.5' entry.
This is pretty standard?

It was funny he said, that I do have to tell everyone these disclaimer.

They said, it will require me to replace pumps sooner / equipment sooner the salt system, any truth?
They also said that salt system will need new cell in 3 years or so, no could be true.
Overall they said salt requires more maintenance than Ozone + UV.
From what I read here though, it sounds like the group does not agree with these terms and given choice would always choose salt.
Hey. I'll add a vote for a SWG too... I'm not sure why, but there is a definite bias against SWGs among PBs in the southwest if you read about pool installs on these forms. Its bizarre. Yeah UV/Oz systems have their place (like indoor pools), but for your situation an SWG is best. Yeah they need to be replaced, they are rated for 5 yrs by most manufactures, but I got ~9 years out of my first one. Somehow they think the salinity used in a salt pool is as high as a sea water when they start talking about corrosion, its less salty than your tears!

I retro fitted my pool with a SWG and replaced all the pool equip at the same time. The SWG cell got replaced at 9 years, and I am still using the same controller. The pool and booster pumps motors died in the same season, 5 years later perfectly in line with the operational life of the motors. And I only had to replace the motors, no the whole pump.

And now my standard soap box rant for SWG's... They make managing pool Chem SOOOOOOO much easier. Having lived with my pool for 5 years without one.. I agree with Alleen, if I bought a new house with a pool without one, I'd be installing an SWG in the first month after moving in!

BTW I like your layout.

Last edited:
Added hose bib near pool equipment and a light based on suggestion . They said though you want want to clean the filter on drive way cause lot of dirt .
I clean my filters out over the lawn.. I figure I might was water some grass at the same time. ...

And There really was no room in your sub panel box for another breaker for the pool. That's weird.

I would ask the installer to stop by to speak with the person that pointed out the mistakes so they can have a talk about how to fix it. If that is not possible I would make sure to be there when the inspection happens to make sure they show up and REALLY look at it. That is too important of a thing to take any chances with.

On the spa steps which say 21 right now with the change to make base depth at 42 that means about 21 change as opposed to 15 inches from spa step to water floor. Is that okay ? Pool builder also said entry step at 33 to 42 was okay .

Attachments

• 84D0787E-08F6-40F8-AC36-7BDE0EBA6717.png
    84D0787E-08F6-40F8-AC36-7BDE0EBA6717.png
    418.5 KB · Views: 14
Any step over 12” can be difficult or impossible to climb for people with leg problems. And we will all be handicapped at sometime in our lives.

If you have high steps you should have good handrails.

Last edited:
A Hayward T-15 cell SWG will work fine for a pool up to around 20K gallons, if that is what you are asking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.