Design & Build Cocktail Pool, Bulverde, Tx

Details are on the drawing
19’8”x8’7”
Depth, 4’6-1/2” , bottom of Jessica’s chin.

Stacking the blocks in 2 weeks
Plumbing 3 weeks
Fill, compact, and form shape.

Rebar, and 8-10” of Gunite is the plan.
Currently looking at rebar and Gunite guys for October.

Spending money ... I like using the green type, contractors like it better.

I can see it now that you shared that. THANKS! So here is a big idea for you................NO Main drain in the bottom..........say what???? Yeah, you do not HAVE to have one. The rule is IF you have one it has to be the anti-entrapment kind. With this be a cocktail pool a main drain will be more of a "toe stubber" than any thing. Your returns can circulate the water just fine. I have a trick to make sure the water moves like you want it to.

Well look at that.............I may have saved you some money instead of spending it LOL I bet they DO love the green kind best! Just make sure you it is writing that they have been paid to be on the safe side down the road.

I would love to see where this fun pool will be going!

Kim:kim:

Like your idea, no main drains!
... but guessing 80 gpm and one skimmer?
Think I need the extra flow?
Tri Star 1-1/2 hp at 60ft head est
At 4,400 gal, it turns in 55 min.
With 5 returns, 16gpm/return, 12ft/sec on 3/4 eyeballs
2” pvc @ 80gpm, 8ft/sec

With all of those trees I would have two skimmers to be on the safe side.

Please, oh please share more pics of this wonderful house! I see a pink pool up on the deck!

So will the pool be on level with that house decking? I read the " Stacking the blocks in 2 weeks "............is this to help enclose the pool aka no digging down to set the pool?

Love the deer in the pic. Will you fence it in at all?

How much land do you have?

Yep, lime stone blocks, 2’x2’x5’, about 3,500 lbs.
We’re on a mountain of rock, impossible to dig.
The pool is level with the patio, we have to raise it up, lots of fill.
I thought the $14.99 Walmart pool was just fine, Milly thinks
Unique house, industrial, we’re on 4 acres at the end of the road.
I use to design and make factories, hence the design.

Big Rear Fan is awesome, daily at low speed, parties up to 45%.
At 100%, it launches everything not nailed down.

No fences, nature preserve behind us, we feed the deer twice a day.
Tons of wildlife here, love it, I was a city boy997C870C-51D9-4A27-B94D-AC340961F4CF.jpeg1F299CE8-5F69-4AC2-A74B-7234B2F4DB47.jpegE3419628-2408-49E3-B1CF-62F4AB11106A.jpeg Detroit Factory Rat, now a nature boy.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I can see it now that you shared that. THANKS! So here is a big idea for you................NO Main drain in the bottom..........say what???? Yeah, you do not HAVE to have one. The rule is IF you have one it has to be the anti-entrapment kind. With this be a cocktail pool a main drain will be more of a "toe stubber" than any thing. Your returns can circulate the water just fine. I have a trick to make sure the water moves like you want it to.

Well look at that.............I may have saved you some money instead of spending it LOL I bet they DO love the green kind best! Just make sure you it is writing that they have been paid to be on the safe side down the road.

I would love to see where this fun pool will be going!

Kim:kim:
Toe stubbers gone! Moved to the side, Jessica’s idea, and I still gots the flow. 🙂. Thanks so much for pointing them out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.