Decking Finish Options

mayberry32

Silver Supporter
Jun 24, 2019
Watkinsville, GA
So, we are about to install a new liner pool and want a nice decorative coping instead of the standard c-channel coping. The PB we are leaning toward doesn't even do the c-channel and said he, standard, includes at least a bluenosed concrete over the edge. My wife and I both want a more custom look, but don't want to spend the money on travertine or stone. We also want something that isn't too hot, as we are in Georgia. So, a regular brushed concrete is attractive from that standpoint. He mentioned that we can either etch and stain the concrete when it's put down, or hire a contractor to do SunDek as soon as it's cured, and said that's more cost effective than etching at installation. We honestly just want something that looks like this, except maybe adding a little color to the outside deck so it isn't just regular white concrete, to give the deck some character. What are our best options, and how expensive does it get when you start altering the color of the deck when it's poured?

Attachments

• Pool Deck.jpg
    Pool Deck.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 68
travertine is not that expensive if you buy on travertinemart, I went with them and quality is not bad, their shipping is expensive but even after that, its way cheaper than anything local for me. The pool coping is about $5 sq/ft and decking material in the $2-3/ sq ft. Maybe buy the material and pay your PB to install? Stamped concrete with color would be another option or even concrete with exposed aggregate.

Reactions: newpoolbuild
our PB added a special grit to the concrete and did a pour in place coping. It looks sleek and smooth and has enough grip it isn't slippery. He gave us the option of using white or a colored concrete vs the typical gray but we are boring and wanted the pool to be understated.

our PB added a special grit to the concrete and did a pour in place coping. It looks sleek and smooth and has enough grip it isn't slippery. He gave us the option of using white or a colored concrete vs the typical gray but we are boring and wanted the pool to be understated.
Do you have a picture of what yours looks like? We don't want a dark color that is hot, but do want the separated copng edge that makes it look much nicer.

Neto, how long have you had the travertine from travertine mart? How did your PB install it to handle the freeze/ thaw issue of winter? Which grade/ pattern did you get? What kind wall pavers to go with your decking? Any pictures? Would appreciate any suggestions/ input.
Thanks

travertine is not that expensive if you buy on travertinemart, I went with them and quality is not bad, their shipping is expensive but even after that, its way cheaper than anything local for me. The pool coping is about $5 sq/ft and decking material in the $2-3/ sq ft. Maybe buy the material and pay your PB to install? Stamped concrete with color would be another option or even concrete with exposed aggregate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.