fjzsocal

Jun 7, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just did a backwash/vacuum to waste with a very dirty pool. Now as I'm cleaning the filter I see that there is a lot of debris inside the filter grids. All 8 grids have it, in roughly equal amounts.

I'm guessing this is a natural result of vacuuming to waste - little bits of junk that go through the skimmer and pump strainer would be expected to lodge inside the filter.

Is this right? Or am I missing some problem?

Thanks

debris.jpg

I think it is normal. That is why I prefer using a pool cleaner that captures the dirt rather then vacuuming the dirt into the pool filter then needing to clean the dirt out of the filter.

Why didn't you use your Polaris 360 cleaner?

F,

I assume you have an MPV that has a waste setting.. When you vacuum to waste all the water should by pass the filter and go directly to your waste port.

I suspect your MPV is leaking and allowing some of the water to enter the filter from the Return side..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Those particles are small enough to bypass your pump basket. When you backwash water goes to the inside of the grids and any debris will go with it. It seldom will all come back out and I have never seen it cause a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.