Debris getting past filter

beezar

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
Houston, TX
So I am having a lot of debris getting past my DE filter and clogging up my salt water generator. I've opened up the filter and all the screens look good and there don't seem to be any cracks or holes in the screens or the piping. I also changed out the spider gasket on the multiport valve. However, I'm still having the debris problem. Any other ideas on what to check? Thanks

I don't think there's any secret here. If you are getting physical debris/particles past the filter into the salt cell, something is wrong in the filter. Did it always do this, or did it just start happening? Was anything done on the filter recently that coincides with the problem? Your signature doesn't tell us what type of filter you have. Maybe update the signature or post a pic or two of the filter so members can see to better assist?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.