DE for sand filter - new entrepreneurial opportunities?

Local. I’d rather have 10lbs bags but the pool store that I get my MA from switched to 6lbs because they use that size more frequently in their service business and don’t like carrying around open DE bags. I guess I’m one of the few that has a way-oversized filter for my pool ...

you are east side? what store? I am in a couple times a week this time of year. (to swim at Clements pool LOL)

eKonomy Pools on Speedway. Cheapest way to get refillable MA carriers. And they stock a variety of Taylor reagents. Their service is way overpriced but not atypical for pool stores.

Reactions: Pv2
Is there a source for small quantities of DE or should I think about starting a small mail-order business? How long does a 25 lb bag last for using with a sand filter? At least the shipping wieght is low! :ROFLMAO:

Are you wanting something to help the sand filter better? I have added this to my cartridge filter and it helped pull our the Iron

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oh good, that is where I get liquid chlorine, I will hit them up on Thursday (near Trader Joe's too! :mrgreen: )
I don't use a whole lot of acid, will check on their prices vs Ace, though.

Last time I bought it it was about $5/gallon that you buy in a 4-up safety carrier. You have to put down a $6 refundable fee for the carrier but you get it back if you return it and stop buying from them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.