DE and Dirt Coming Out of Jets

Oct 21, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
So, I've created a couple threads here lately that folks have helped me get my pump issues resolved. That's great, but now that it's working, the dirt that the vacuum attached to the pump along with some DE is simply getting sucked up, sent through the system and pushed back out the jets. My guess is I didn't put the DE into the filter correctly, as it spilled out as soon as I put it in. Any suggestions as to how I can vacuum this stuff up and keep it in the filter grids for good? Thanks.

One,

It is pretty hard to not put the DE in "correctly".. I guess you could put in too little or too much. If it "spilled out as soon as you put it in"... it sounds more like your filter grids were not reassembled correctly or you have a hole in one or more of the grids.

Basically, when you add DE, it gets trapped by the grids because they are too fine to let the DE pass through. You need to inspect each grid to make sure there are no holes or tears.

Besides a bad grid, I guess it the small (about 2.5")O-Ring at the top of the pipe the top manifold fits over could be missing.

Sorry man, but you are going to have to take your filter apart again. :brickwall:

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.