Date code Format changed for HTH Liquid Chlorinator?

harryc1

Dec 22, 2019
Orinda, CA
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, I picked up some HTH liquid chlorinator gallon bottles at ACE hardware for the first time today (all my nearby walmarts are out of stock of great value bleach), and the date code format doesn't match what is posted on the Chlorine Date Code Decoder/Easy Way to Measure Strength guide.

My best guess is that the first 3 digits are day of year, the next 2 are year, and the last 5 are something else.

Anyone know how to read these? Thanks!

009201450B
009201421B
057200800B
057200803B

IMG_1374.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for your reply, mknauss!

On a side note, these seem like a really good deal at $2.99 a gallon for 10% sodium hypochlorite (walmart is around $2.60 for 6% around here). I wonder if there's some catch, like it containing stabilizer (the HTH website product page says they sell both stabilized and unstabilized versions, but the packaging on the bottles I bought doesn't say if it has CYA in the 90% of 'other ingredients' or not).

That is a decent price. The liquid will not have stabilizer in it. The 'other' ingredients is water.

Looks like there may be another date format. I just picked up 2 jugs at Ace and here’s what’s on the bottle:

6AE1F4AC-73F6-4824-BD07-13D2F419EA00.jpeg
My guess is 56th day of 2021. Not too bad, only 7-8 weeks old. Not the freshest, far from the worst.

I wonder if HTH has changed date codes again, by removing it altogether

I bought some gallon jugs from Ace last month and it used the 21xxx date code format, but when I went to the same Ace the past few weeks, the newest jugs don't seem to have any discernable date code printed at all, nothing on any of the ~50 bottles on the shelves. I even looked underneath the jug and unscrewed the cap, to see if they somehow printed the code there... Nothing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.