Dallas (Southlake) Area New Build - July 2022 - Construction Thread

Wow, that is resort-like! Good thing you’re not in the northeast, that would be a nightmare to winterize! 😂
I missed the size, how many gallons? Gotta be close to 40k?

Amazing design and build, spectacular! I wonder how it looks like at night with all the lightings.
Thank you very much. They are still working on the rope lighting, but I will post some when they finish, hopefully next week.

Landscaping finally done - still have some decking, bench, tile, shade structure, appliances and planters to finish.

Most should be done next week (maybe).

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring the depths out? Can you describe please?
Gorgeous pool. I hope this is your forever home? :)

Maddie 🌻
Thank you.

It’s 3.5 feet on the shallow end, 5.0 feet in the middle and 4.0 feet on the end with the acrylic panel.

Baja shelf is 6 inches deep. The area all around the step pads is also 6 inches deep.

Basin is 77 inches deep from the top of the pool negative edge, and 91 inches deep from the top of the spa negative edge.

Bar area is a slight raised flat area from the pool and is 42 inches from the bottom of that flat area to the top of the bar. Water to top of bar is 6 inches.

Acrylic panel is 18 inches high by about 12.5 feet wide.

Spa is 37 inches deep in the middle, half the seating is 18 inches deep and the other half is 21 inches deep. Spa negative edge is 18 inches wide.

Any other questions, just let me know.

This likely isn’t our forever home - Haha. When my teenagers go to college (hopefully) in five years, we are probably going to downsize to something lower maintenance.

One more interim update. Aug 2023

- steps and deck done
- turf done
- all rope lighting done
- landscaping done (well not really, the agaves they put in the pool planters are way too small so they are sourcing some much bigger ones)
- cabana roof, fascia and painting done
- fences done and restained
- planter beds done
- waterwall hooked up

Still to be completed (hopefully in next 7-10 days)

- all AV work and outdoor TVs
- cabana appliances
- firepit finish out
- firepit bench built on the frame
- large vegetable garden planters
- 20 foot shade structure across pool side of cabana
- motorized shade for cabana
- tile work remediation in cabana and deck
- aqua view glass safety fencing around existing patio and around basin
- some bamboo and holly tree remediation as some of them are already under high stress from the heat

I will post some lighting pics later.

IMG_0463.jpegIMG_0458.jpegIMG_0464.jpegIMG_0461.jpegIMG_0459.jpegIMG_0467.jpegIMG_0462.jpegIMG_0460.jpegIMG_0465.jpegIMG_0457.jpeg

A few more:

I am not a very good photographer but some night shots are below with the following caveats

- the spa light and two of the Baja shelf lights aren’t working right or don’t come on at all (not a good sign that microbrites are reliable when three new ones arent working)

- I didn’t turn on any of the normal can lights

- we are still getting some of the column lights dialed in

IMG_0494.jpegIMG_0493.jpegIMG_0492.jpegIMG_0491.jpegIMG_0490.jpegIMG_0489.jpeglights

View attachment 525110

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpeg
    IMG_0488.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: elleb and Turbo1Ton

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not a very good photographer but some night shots are below...
Your place looks fantastic!!!

Try taking your night photos at dusk, instead of when it's dark outside. The ambient light on the hardscape will allow for beautiful photos. And turn on every exterior light you have in addition to the underwater lights.

Hard to find the words that do your build justice so I'll just say absolutely amazing, stunning, spectacular, awesome, ..... :shock: :love:

With a pool like that you are obligated :giggle: to post some plaster color pics here:

By the way, you could use a signature line. Probably not enough space to list the details of your pool, but basics like gallons, equipment, plaster finish, features, test kit, etc.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thank you very much.

I added to the plaster color to thread.

We are doing significant tile work remediation and landscape remediation this week. We also finished the firepit, bench, all the AV, all the planters, cabana shade structure, and the rest of the masonry work.

Glass fencing will be done early next week as well as cabana appliances and the agaves for pool planters. Then a final acid wash to fix a plaster issue and hopefully we are done, done and I can add some final project pics.

Some final pics. Ignore the 14 as we are having a belated birthday party here today.

Still have a few small finishing touches like the permanent bench cushions, some additional glass fencing around the back
deck edge and some patio furniture that is taking like five months to come in, but this project is finally done.

I will probably be looking for some new project to do soon hahaha

IMG_0700.jpeg
IMG_0698.jpegIMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpegIMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpegIMG_0694.jpegIMG_0695.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.