XSaint

Apr 19, 2021
South Florida, United States
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had my 9,000 gallon plaster pool resurfaced with glass tile and cement grout in May of 2021. I was told by the tile installers that I would need to clean the filter many times over the first couple of weeks due to residual grout making its way to the filter.

After the initial refilling of the pool and getting the water in balance, I began cleaning the filter daily for 2 weeks. The filter was already several months old, so I tried to beat it up as much as I could get out of it before buying a new one. I bought an aftermarket filter for my Hayward Swim Clear 100S filter from Amazon. For the first couple of weeks, it was running well with great flow coming through the returns. I've had this filter for about 2 months now, but I am finding that the pressure in the filter is rising 5-10psi in a single day, even after a thorough cleaning. I am still finding some remnants of loose particles stuck in the filter despite my best efforts to blast it out with the hose. Is it possible that this filter is just bad after only used 2 months, or am I missing something?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.