Da’ Bomb.....

We had SNOW........real snow flakes. They were big enough to really see and when they landed you could see the shape and patterns. It was neat to see........last about 10 mins then turned to sleet----------bad roads and even worse drivers! The sun came out in the afternoon then we had so much water it was running everywhere. BURRRRRRRRRRR

Just got home from work (closed due to weather).

Here’s the view from the Living Room:
IMG_1424.jpg

From the back hall:
IMG_1425.JPG

And our current conditions:
IMG_1426.jpg

Man, I can’t wait for spring!

Even for south Texas, we got waxed a bit this season.

dbtgallery.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think last night was the first night it stayed above freezing for the overnight low. While it's not been the coldest I have seen down here, it hasn't been this cold with a hard freeze where I live in many years. Our houses aren't built for these kinds of conditions long term. My main water line goes up the side of the house about 3 feet before it enters the building. It's been wrapped but I was afraid it would freeze. On Sunday friends of mine where going to their son's house to wrap the pipes and turn on the heater so their pipes wouldn't freeze. They had gone out of town and it was 70-something when they left! Our cold snap has broken and we will be steadily warming up the next few days. In fact, I hear lawn mowers as I type!

You mean like this -

E3FD90F2-B47A-4C10-8130-4E339110AFDB.jpg

There’s a heater tape wrapped around the main and irrigation loop, then foam insulation and then finished off with Christy’s 10mil pipe tape. The backfkow preventer loop has a vinyl insulation bag on it and the spigot has an insulated cover over it. I did that a few years back when we were forecasted to get a few days of sub-freezing temps in a row and it has held up through many seasons of heat and cold. My neighbors all thought I was nuts....until one of them woke up to geyser in the morning with a small pond near their foundation. Then, suddenly, everyone wanted to know what I did :laughblue:

They take any available frozen substance, and smear it across your windshield. They perform this best during ‘white out’ conditions.

The sad thing is, I probably go through replacement wiper blades more often than anyone back east. It’s so hot and dry here that the rubber blade dry-rots in less than 18 months. My wife’s car needs new wiper blades as the rubber blade sheared off from the wiper body. I think I turn on my windshield wipers maybe 5 or 6 times per year.

Even sadder is that these are new blades this past spring. When the snow is dropping at 2-3” per hour and you are only doing 25 MPH, snow builds up at the base of the windshield, which turns to slush from the defroster, which quickly freezes to the wiper blades & windshield when sheeted across the glass. Every swipe builds up a new layer.

My Explorer is usually pretty good about this, but it was coming down so fast it was hard to avoid. I pulled over under a bridge about halfway home to clear the mound that developed under the wipers and I was fine the rest of the trip.

I dislike winter .... My retirement portfolio does NOT include snowshoes.

Just came home from being on the lake this morning. Nice day-- 70 deg and light wind. Even caught a 6# striped bass.

Life is good in S Nevada......

Even sadder is that these are new blades this past spring. When the snow is dropping at 2-3” per hour and you are only doing 25 MPH, snow builds up at the base of the windshield, which turns to slush from the defroster, which quickly freezes to the wiper blades & windshield when sheeted across the glass. Every swipe builds up a new layer.

My Explorer is usually pretty good about this, but it was coming down so fast it was hard to avoid. I pulled over under a bridge about halfway home to clear the mound that developed under the wipers and I was fine the rest of the trip.

I dislike winter .... My retirement portfolio does NOT include snowshoes.

My 2006 Charger that I bought new in 2005 still has the original wiper blades on it! They are finally starting to shred though I will need to replace them. I finally had to replace the original battery last year.

I was supposed to go to my parents house this weekend in Delaware (Rehobeth) but my Dad called and said not to bother since they have 6 feet of snow in the driveway and the streets are not plowed yet. :(

Nice — my fishing is going to require a gas auger!

** scanning flights for a sneak out to Louisiana for an alligator gar outing.. - if I can convince da’boss...

I’m sure our Minnesota folks can give you some pointers on ice fishing....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.