Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I'm closing for the first time and I'm planning on removing my SWG and connecting a cyclone to the unions. Avoiding working from the skimmer since I won't be lowering the water. Avoiding a modified basket lid due to cost of getting an additional one and not sure there is any advantage to it.

Does anybody else do this and have any recommendations on how to connect the cyclone to the unions?

Wasn't even thinking they are proprietary. Not finding a Hayward male end to that same union. Any ideas for getting the blower hose secured enough to not blow out while clearing lines?

Have someone just hold the blower hose inside the pipe with maybe a rag around the opening.

Reactions: Newdude
Here is how use pump housing, replacing pump lid with a piece of 1/2 plywood. Work great, and was cheap as I had a scrap piece laying around. The thickness of the plywood is equal to that of lid and gasket, it seals good enough to get the job done.
This looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Looks like the SWG union is proprietary as stated in this thread...

Could buy a dummy tube and cut it up but there is another $30-40.

Did find a modified lid for Pentair but no price listed. Would probably favor cincypilot's approach anyways.

You can create a fitting with a union at the SWG. Bring the unions to a real plumbing store to match up, so the 1.5" hose from the cyclone slips right over the end. I see your pool is 10,000 gallons. If you are 6' and your plumbing lines are not super long, you could possibly work with the blow-thru plugs, etc. There are many ways to attempt clearing the lines, it all depends on your setup.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like the SWG union is proprietary as stated in this thread...

Could buy a dummy tube and cut it up but there is another $30-40.

Did find a modified lid for Pentair but no price listed. Would probably favor cincypilot's approach anyways.
Does anyone know how much the lid is? Also, understand that the lid is a one-time investment unless you break it by accident. This will save you money in the long run from hiring a pool company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.