Cyclone adaptor

PaulinthePool

Sep 12, 2019
Newark, DE
I’ve seen some conical hose adaptors online related to pool vacs and such. I’m trying to find a cone adaptor that would fit on a 1-1/2” flex pipe coming from a cyclone pump. Wanted to see if I could use that to blow out lines without having to duct tape everything.
I just got a cyclone and haven’t even opened the box, first time using one, looking to see what hoses adaptors etc will work best.
Has anyone found/ used anything like this?

The hardware store plumbing isle should have everything you need....if you need anything at all. Are you planning on blowing out through a skimmer?

The hardware store plumbing isle should have everything you need....if you need anything at all. Are you planning on blowing out through a skimmer?
I closed it the first year by myself (with a shop vac) blowing out from the equipment pad. Not sure how to go about blowing from the skimmer but guess I could figure that out. I’ve seen it mentioned several times here. Last year I had a heart attack beg of Sept and had someone else close it. This is my first year with the cyclone.

You’ll probably want something like this piece to thread into the skimmer pipe. A standard pool hose then can connect between the skimmer and cyclone.

Attachments

• 94EC6C92-2800-424D-9D72-1BEA51F141DA.jpeg
    94EC6C92-2800-424D-9D72-1BEA51F141DA.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 11
You’ll probably want something like this piece to thread into the skimmer pipe. A standard pool hose then can connect between the skimmer and cyclone.
So that was another question. Can a regular pool hose, like what is used with a standard pool vac, be used with the cyclone? I was under the impression I had to have something way more durable. I saw fittings for that type that would easily adapt to the cyclone fitting. But I was told to get a2" piece of flexible PVC, which by the way, is not so flexible. Done know how is beans it into openings.
I also am limited in where I can attach it at the equipment pad. The only access points where I can even disconnect sections of pipe are at the heater, or filter. Or in through the pump. Do I go one of those days or try through the skimmer?
I honestly should have saved the money on the cyclone and just paid someone to close it, but I want to know how to do this.

Standard pool hose should work fine. Access your system wherever is easiest for you. The only requirement is that you need to be able to blow out all the pipes, so hook up your cyclone and figure out a method. Hard to tell you exactly where to access without knowing your specific plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.