CC is a byproduct of the FC breaking something down ... the CC is then broken down by more FC or the sun.

If you see a high level of CC, it means there is something in the pool, but it is not definitive because sometimes the CC are broken down quickly as well ... thus the requirement to also pass the OCLT.

High CC means there is certainly something in the pool. Low CC means there may not be something in pool, the OCLT confirms there is nothing.

OK everyone. I have been shocking like mad. I was out of town so my wife took a sample to the pool store. He said my chlorine was 20ppm and to not swim in it. I told her to pour 3 182 oz containers in it each day until I returned. She called me and told me the Man at the pool store told her it was a filtering problem. Everything look good except for the high chlorine. So I called him and talked with him and he asked me a few questions. One was, "What have you done different this year than other years". I told him about this forum and he said that's good but what else. I told him I went to Leslies and they recommended I buy ZeoSand. He stopped me right there and said he has had a pool for 30 years and changed the sand 6 times. He said it was a witch doctor potion and get it out and go back with what has worked. So out goes the Zeo and in goes the sand this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out. He said his reputation meant more that selling hype to people just to make a few extra bucks. He also said he was familiar with TFP and it was a good site. He laughed and said I make plenty of money on the lazy people. When I decide to get a in ground I know who I am going to. Amazing. Keep your fingers crossed that I may get to swim in 2012.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.