Chelan Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi all, I'm new and am using the Taylor kit for testing. Today I tested the CYA and for the life of me can't figure out what the reading is? The water line on the test kit is at 5 10. What does that mean? Is it 5 or is it 10? I'm supposed to get to 80 for recommended level. TIA!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You're confusing me a bit with the 5/10 thing. :scratch: It should be like the video below.

On the back of the tester, there are numbers. You color match etc. When testing the CYA, the level of test water reaches the box that says 5 10. There is no color to match. Just those 2 numbers. I don't know what to do with that.

On the side of the vial will be numbers. 100, 90, 80, etc. When you no longer can see the dot by glancing at the vial, read the level of the water versus the number. Round up (if between 50 and 40, record 50 ppm).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.