blsobx

Jun 16, 2016
Manteo north carolina
Been in a slam mode for 2 weeks. With all the backwashes, rain, feel like I need to add more cya. I am understanding by reading if algae is still in pool you cannot get an accurate reading. Pool is still cloudy and I started with a swamp. When I started 0 and added to a 30. CYA testing is the trickiest to me. Please and thanks.

You can test CYA at most any time. Fill the CYA test vial with your pool water. Can you see the dot? If so, the water is not cloudy enough to impact the test.

Are you following the SLAM Process? Two weeks is quite a while for it to take to completion.

You can test CYA at most any time. Fill the CYA test vial with your pool water. Can you see the dot? If so, the water is not cloudy enough to impact the test.

Are you following the SLAM Process? Two weeks is quite a while for it to take to completion.
[/QUOTE That’s what I thought but I started as a swamp. Following slam religiously and cleaned out my sand filter pump twice. My water is cloudy so I am concerned with the cya test.

Cloudy is after the stuff may be dead. Mine was cloudy for 3 weeks after it was slammed. I wait for rain water as I have a well, and need tons of water to flush it out with. It's as good as ever now.

Cloudy doesn't mean algae. At least if it's a blue ish pool and white ish cloud.

1 day after slamming mine, it turns blue and cloudy till I flush 1000s of gallons of water out.

It it is dead, it was recently alive. If it was simply dead algae, it would clear in several hours to a day.

Can you post a pic? Keep your FC at the target. the last phase can be torture and is usually when the effects of hidden algae revealed. Are there flaps in the seams on your pool walls?
Can you post a pic? Keep your FC at the target. the last phase can be torture and is usually when the effects of hidden algae revealed. Are there flaps in the seams on your pool walls?
C9602CD2-0426-49AD-8059-724AE9DA22E0.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried deep cleaning your sand filter?

Have you tried deep cleaning your sand filter?
I have done that twice.

What are the other things that I might need to check for the cloudiness?
Are you following the SLAM Process? Are you testing and adding chlorine many times each day? With what your water looks like, every 1-2 hours would be a good place to start. Are you brushing every day?

My SLAM lasted 3 weeks.. And I started with a green pool... I was very intentional with testing and adding LC to SLAM every 2 hours.. For me, the last 7-10 days when my pool was cloudy, it took forever- I just had to be patient and consistent.. You will get there

Are you following the SLAM Process? Are you testing and adding chlorine many times each day? With what your water looks like, every 1-2 hours would be a good place to start. Are you brushing every day?
Thanks. When I first started I did once an hour then went to every 2 hours for 4 days and then moved to 3-4 times a day. Doing brushing everyday. Going back to every 2 hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.