CYA Shortage?

I’ve used the Pool Mate brand with good success; that’s what I’m seeing as available for next day delivery. Clorox brand pool products are fairly iffy and almost always over-priced, in my experience.

…Is there a shortage in other places as well?
Yes… I searched high and low in Las Vegas. Leslie’s had stock, but I did not want to buy the highly overpriced Leslie‘s brand. I ended up finding some at Lowe’s. Fortunately, for me, someone hid two 5 lbs bags behind the pH Up. I don’t know why I moved the pH Up but I grabbed those two bags.

You can always use trichlor pucks or dichlor “shock” if you want to add stabilizer (assuming you can that at a good price).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was actually considering dropping in a floater with 3” pucks because with the extremely high evaporation here in Las Vegas and constantly adding water I have a lot of dilution with my CYA.

extremely high evaporation here in Las Vegas and constantly adding water I have a lot of dilution with my CYA.
Evaporation and adding water for that does not effect CYA level.

High water temperatures accentuates CYA loss a small amount. You might see 10% per month at 90F water temperature.

My water doesn’t get above 87 degrees with the chiller. But you know more about water chemistry than I do. I attributed my CYA loss and salt ppm loss to the 500 plus gallons I add everyday.

It’s scarce around here in central TX as well. I ordered some Puri-Tech off Amazon for half what the pool store was charging. Same with calcium hardness increased.

Muriatic acid can be found in some stores here, but LC is very scarce.

My water doesn’t get above 87 degrees with the chiller. But you know more about water chemistry than I do. I attributed my CYA loss and salt ppm loss to the 500 plus gallons I add everyday.
Sure you don’t have a leak? I had that problem with salt dropping and just found out my pump has been leaking for a while. Had pine straw around it and rained a lot so I didn’t notice it until the bearing staring getting louder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.