CYA rule of thumb?

David0408

Oct 16, 2017
San Antonio, TX
So I just SLAMed my pool and everything is awesome! Before the SLAM my cya was 50 and now it’s 40. I’m adding a gallon of bleach each night to keep it in the 6-8 range which is normal. At what point would I be queued to raise my cya to 50? Once it took 2 gallons or more each evening? Seems like a dumb question now that I’ve typed it out.

How much time has to go by before I know for sure the SLAM was successful? Friday will be a week.
You'll know. Many people stop a SLAM too soon and call it clear when it's really still cloudy. Then later on it gets better and better and then they really know what clear is. Or they fudged a little on the OCLT... where they tested it a little after sunrise and it lost 1.2 but they justified it as solar losses. If you know you did it right and it is complete, then it was successful. If there's any lingering doubt, wait a few days and see if you have an algae relapse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.