CYA Level

u2crewdawg

Jun 6, 2017
marysville ca
I am a little confused as to what the CYA level should be with an IC40? I read in the pool school section that it should be 70-80 for a salt water pool, however the intellechem controller says less than 30 ppm. Which should I go with and what’s the theory if it’s supposed to be higher? Why would Pentair recommend a lower level? Thank in advance for any advice and education

Mike

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
I am a little confused as to what the CYA level should be with an IC40? I read in the pool school section that it should be 70-80 for a salt water pool, however the intellechem controller says less than 30 ppm. Which should I go with and what’s the theory if it’s supposed to be higher? Why would Pentair recommend a lower level? Thank in advance for any advice and education

Mike
Welcome to TFP!

Where are you seeing “less than 30ppm”?

Both the Intellichem and Intellichlor manuals say 30-50ppm. It will work there, but will also be fine at the 70-80ppm level. The advantage of the higher level is that your cell will last longer.

u2crewdawg

Jun 6, 2017
marysville ca
Welcome to TFP!

Where are you seeing “less than 30ppm”?

Both the Intellichem and Intellichlor manuals say 30-50ppm. It will work there, but will also be fine at the 70-80ppm level. The advantage of the higher level is that your cell will last longer.
It’s on the intellichem. I attached a picture

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ