CYA level increasing to 100 without add any ,why ?

ste

Apr 25, 2019
costarica
I have a new pool in costarica , i raised the CYA levels from 0 to 30 adding CYA ,only once at the beginning ,now after 5 months CYA level increased till 100 ...but i didn't put any more in the pool ...

Welcome to TFP.

How are you chlorinating the pool? What chemicals do you use in the water?

I have a new pool in costarica , i raised the CYA levels from 0 to 30 adding CYA ,only once at the beginning ,now after 5 months CYA level increased till 100 ...but i didn't put any more in the pool ...
If you have a chlorine pool and using either an in-line chlorinator or a floater your CYA level will increase.

HI,thank you for your reply,

OUTDOOR POOL APRIL 2019 COSTARICA 20.000 liters 5mt x 3mt x 1,20mt

CHEMICALS I USE :

CHLORINE: i use tricloro (tricloro-s-triazinetrone 99%) direct in the pool (at the store i could find only domestic liquid bleach at 3-4% so i didn't buy it )tricloro instead seems to be more effective here in the tropics with all the organic every day fall inside the pool ,am i wrong? does tricloro contain CYA?

CYA: added CYA only once in april to increase from 0 to 30-50 ,worked good for 5 months but even after all the rain we had , CYA is now at 100 ,how is that possible?

MURIATIC ACID /SODA: i used MURIATIC ACID for 2 months april,may, to low PH and got it stable at 7.4 ...(before was at 8 couse the water well) than raining season arrived (strong rain may and june-july) and PH low till 7.1 like 2 weeks ago ,so i added for the first time SODA and get it back at 7.4 but seems to get lower every day.

HI,thank you for your reply,

OUTDOOR POOL APRIL 2019 COSTARICA 20.000 liters 5mt x 3mt x 1,20mt

CHEMICALS I USE :

CHLORINE: i use tricloro (tricloro-s-triazinetrone 99%) direct in the pool (at the store i could find only domestic liquid bleach at 3-4% so i didn't buy it )tricloro instead seems to be more effective here in the tropics with all the organic every day fall inside the pool ,am i wrong? does tricloro contain CYA?

CYA: added CYA only once in april to increase from 0 to 30-50 ,worked good for 5 months but even after all the rain we had , CYA is now at 100 ,how is that possible?

MURIATIC ACID /SODA: i used MURIATIC ACID for 2 months april,may, to low PH and got it stable at 7.4 ...(before was at 8 couse the water well) than raining season arrived (strong rain may and june-july) and PH low till 7.1 like 2 weeks ago ,so i added for the first time SODA and get it back at 7.4 but seems to get lower every day.

Welcome to TFP!

The tricloro is the answer, it contains CYA. For every 10ppm of FC it adds to your pool it also adds 6ppm of CYA.

Keep reading articles in Pool School and ask more questions as they come up.

How many gallons is your pool?

Is the bleach pure with no additives, fragrances, polymers, anti-foam chemicals, etc?

Do you get a lot of rain? Is your fill water relatively cheap?

Calcium Hypochlorite may be more available. As long as you do not have calcium issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How many gallons is your pool?

Is the bleach pure with no additives, fragrances, polymers, anti-foam chemicals, etc?
i don't know i have to read the instruction on the bucket at the store , but is the common household bleach to clean .....they all are at 3% but i find one at 3.5% ....so if i double the dose i can reach 7% and put it in my pool

Your pool will use around 1/2 gallon of 3.5% chlorine a day.

What CYA level are you going to keep your pool at?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.