CyA kicking my rear

Kidnbubba

May 23, 2021
Haslet, TX
Tested water at Leslie’s for the first time this year and my pool is way out of whack. Test at Leslie’s showed CyA at 118 in my 16k gal pool. Planning on drain and fill next weekend, but am not sure how much I should plan on taking out and have yet to test my refill water. Any help is always appreciated!
Other #s:
TA 75
CH 581
pH 8.2
FC 6.03

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum!
You need a proper test kit. I suggest reviewing Test Kits Compared. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Everyone here is going to recommend not trusting a pool stores readings ever. Getting the test kits recommended here is going to save you a lot of time and money and give you immense satisfaction once your pool is clear and knowing you don't need to drop $$$ at a pool store.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I love my TF-100 (link in my signature).

full