CYA is LOW

Okay. Let's get serious and solve this issue. There is nothing magic in adding CYA so I think we can make this an easy fix.

1. Did you confirm you have no autofill?

2. Can you tell me the last day you tested CYA and what that test result was.

You have added nothing since, correct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK. Then, let's add enough to raise the CYA by 20 ppm. That should be 70 oz of granulated CYA or 170 oz of the liquid stabilizer.

Please do the math and post back if that doesn't seem right Place whichever one you choose into the pool today. Test CYA in 24 hours if you use the liquid - 48 if you use the solid. Run the pump at least 16 hours each day to get a thorough mixing.

Post the test results back here at the end of that time period.......you should've gone up 20 ppm......let's see.

Reactions: Mdragger88
OK. Then, let's add enough to raise the CYA by 20 ppm. That should be 70 oz of granulated CYA or 170 oz of the liquid stabilizer.

Please do the math and post back if that doesn't seem right Place whichever one you choose into the pool today. Test CYA in 24 hours if you use the liquid - 48 if you use the solid. Run the pump at least 16 hours each day to get a thorough mixing.

Post the test results back here at the end of that time period.......you should've gone up 20 ppm......let's see.

I'll give it a shot. I won't be home until late tonight - so it will have to be tomorrow.

To repeat, let the solid CYA be in the pool 48 hours (use the sock method) or let the liquid be in the pool 24 hours to mix thoroughly.
For a little history, this is how this started. I was trying to get it to range for SWG. Did sock method -- tested the following week and it didn't register. Posted here and was advised to move forward as if it was in there, since it was.

If you put it in there, obviously it was in there.

If it didn't register on the test, then something is wrong with the testing, right? Could it have been the reagent? Almost impossible, That reagent is inert and doesn't "go bad".

Reading between the lines, it seems as if you expect it to not register again. If so, there is an operator error and we'll help you figure it out.

Your pool is no different than the thousand upon thousands of others who test cYA all the time and get a meaningful result.......I think you will, too.

If it didn't register on the test, then something is wrong with the testing, right? Could it have been the reagent? Almost impossible, That reagent is inert and doesn't "go bad".

Reading between the lines, it seems as if you expect it to not register again. If so, there is an operator error and we'll help you figure it out.

Your pool is no different than the thousand upon thousands of others who test cYA all the time and get a meaningful result.......I think you will, too.

Use ( modified to fit task ) what some help desk people add when closing tickets
“ issue between operator and test set”
Joking Am am curious if the new stuff shows up.

The CYA is a sketchy test to begin with, since it's visual. Do I see the dot or do I want to see the dot? Or not?

That's why I had other family members run the test themselves, too. Figuring there could be a short between the seat and steering wheel. :)

Reactions: markayash

This is the first episode in which I experienced this. I have run the test dozens of times, prior to this without issue, starting with me having CYA of over 100. I'll follow your directions and report back -- and, try to more diligent about keeping poolmath up to date.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.