CVA24-T Actuator Details

As a guy who has replaced all of his 7 CVAs at least twice over 8 years, IntelliValve is definitely an improvement. Every year I had to replace or rebuild at least 3. I have never replaced an IntelliValve since I replaced all of them nearly 3 years ago. For me the reliability has been spot on. No more broken cams or micro switches. Most of the CVA failures have been mechanical.

As a guy who has replaced all of his 7 CVAs at least twice over 8 years, IntelliValve is definitely an improvement. Every year I had to replace or rebuild at least 3. I have never replaced an IntelliValve since I replaced all of them nearly 3 years ago. For me the reliability has been spot on. No more broken cams or micro switches. Most of the CVA failures have been mechanical.

That’s a pretty bad failure rate. I only have 3 valves so my system is a lot less complicated. MTBF is probably 5-6 years on any given valve.

Perhaps the IV’s improve on that but right now switching to them is low value proposition. Just easier to fix what I have and build out a spare for a quick swap. The biggest pain is opening up the panel and fishing in the new wires. I wish Pentair made their automation panels more “plug & play” and “hot swappable” on the external device connections.

Yup. You could mix & match Intermatic and Hayward actuators with the EasyTouch. It would be interesting to take them apart and see if there are any material differences in the construction. I’ve always stuck close to keeping everything inside one manufacturer but if you’re not given a choice, you might have to put Ford parts on your Chevy truck or vice-versa ....

Yeah, part of the problem for me was that they also go sloppy and do not end up at the same location every time. This would unbalance my laminar jets. These are set up to just clear the raised coping from outside the pool so a bad diverter position would land the stream on top of the coping. Since my pool is raised out of the ground, the jets also need to be completely off or it will drop the water level 18 inches.

I only had one that the motor stopped working but plenty of micro switches and brittle cracked cams.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I installed four of the Intermatic actuators that I picked up for less than $100 each out the door. Curious if all actuators operate at about the speed. It takes roughly 35-40 seconds for the Intermatics to turn 180 degrees. Are Jandy and Pentair actuators similar?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just build a variable frequency drive that converts the voltage to DC and then it creates an AC output of whatever frequency you want.

This is what the drive on the variable speed pumps does.

You can use a three phase motor in the valve actuator for better performance.

You should also consider upgrading the gears to tungsten to make sure that they can handle the stress.

Just build a variable frequency drive that converts the voltage to DC and then it creates an AC output of whatever frequency you want.

This is what the drive on the variable speed pumps does.

You can use a three phase motor in the valve actuator for better performance.

You should also consider upgrading the gears to tungsten to make sure that they can handle the stress.
I'm good with 35-40 seconds :)

Is this the video?

If yes, wouldn't the amount of force necessary to accelerate the people be dangerous?

But Lorentzian time dilation in Minkowski space reduces the g forces experienced by the people in the non-moving reference frame .... Einstein approves of QuickSilver’s behavior.

And @Leebo says you are all losers because the YouTube video works fine for him ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.