Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Currently pulling water out of the pool in order to fix a leak in my skimmer to pump hose connection. As I stand here watching, I figure there’s got to be a better way. What creative ways do you suggest I cover that hole so I don’t have to drain all this water out next time ? 0ED48E2E-6DC3-4227-82D4-F0F6063D2E87.jpeg

Currently pulling water out of the pool in order to fix a leak in my skimmer to pump hose connection. As I stand here watching, I figure there’s got to be a better way. What creative ways do you suggest I cover that hole so I don’t have to drain all this water out next time ? View attachment 320185
There would have been a round black plastic piece that came with your pool. If you still have it you can place it over the skimmer opening from inside the pool to block the water. It probably will not be totally water tight but it works well enough to conduct the needed repairs.

Reactions: 1stTimePoolMom
Hey 1TPM !!
What about plexiglass (slightly sanded on the edges) and the waterproof version of gorilla tape. It would be easier to tape the edges of a square than a circle. That stuff works great and you'd only need it to hold for a half hour or less.

Besides, if it let go while you were working, it would only be a problem for a minute and then you'd be dry to finish again. Well, you'd be soaked but the skimmer would end up dry. :)

Reactions: 1stTimePoolMom
My creative solution was to fill a plastic bag with landscape pebbles (that were too big to go down hose if bag broke) and use it in place of skimmer basket. It molded to the bottom of the skimmer and worked surprisingly well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.