Crazing making me crazy! New replaster in 2019.

nmckeon

Aug 7, 2019
Arlington, TX
I had new plaster put in (May 28) and have had more problems than not. It had anomalies in coloring (cheapest route as I did plain white plaster) and made sure to follow ALL directions (as well as the after plaster care by them) that the pool company gave me to a T. I had rough spots which I understand are trowel issues but now since June it has been showing cracks or "crazing". They have been a pain in my Rear to get them to fix the rough patches/discolorations (no I do not have any vegetation/trees or leaves in my yard or neighbors yards near the pool or any that remains on the bottom as I have a pool person that comes weekly plus I manage cleaning it and water tests myself as well. Any suggestions? I am really getting angry at this point.

Welcome to TFP.

Not much you can do other then see how much your PB will fix.

It was a re-plaster from a pool most likely built in 1992. The pool was fine until then. Had some chipping so we did a new plaster. Yes, the lowest of options but it should at a minimum be in decent condition after a new job just 3 months ago? Yes?

Craze Cracks – Crazing is an excessive amount of surface shrinkage cracking which can result from an overly-wet plaster mix, from excessive calcium chloride set accelerator added to the mix, from the adding of excessive water while troweling, or from excessive drying of the plaster before the pool is filled. Crazing often leads to other problems including calcium nodules, staining, and provide a home to black algae. Excessive crazing may require replastering.