Crack found in new FB pool!

So they ran a leak test yesterday and there is no leak anywhere so it's confirmed that water underneath pool was from the crack indeed. They plan to backfill hole today with pea gravel and start filling the pool to see how floor bulge reacts. I noticed this morning bulge has gone down more from yesterday. They will also be installing a pipe so if in future there is a leak they can connect pump to it and remove water (something that PB admitted his foreman should have done in the first place).

Yep, every every every FG pool should have a sump system installed. In fact because I am OCD, I actually have one running like you would in your basement, the second the ground water rises, the sump pump pumps it out into the drainage on the street.

toofast said:
Yep, every every every FG pool should have a sump system installed. In fact because I am OCD, I actually have one running like you would in your basement, the second the ground water rises, the sump pump pumps it out into the drainage on the street.

How would one know if there is a sump pump for their FG pool? I moved into this house last year with a FG pool, but I don't think there is a sump pump....

GuinnessPhish said:
toofast said:

How would one know if there is a sump pump for their FG pool? I moved into this house last year with a FG pool, but I don't think there is a sump pump....

Well you should see a PIT somewhere around the pool...my buddies was hard to find, the builder actually built the deck over it and put a round (looks like a skimmer plate) access hole.

If you don't have one...it is not the end of the world, however if you every have to drain you have to be extremely careful.

I have a large diameter (like 10" or so) PVC pipe which goes through my deck along the side of the pool at the deep end. it is covered with a skimmer cover and should a water issue "arise" I can drop a small pump down there.

toofast said:
Well you should see a PIT somewhere around the pool...my buddies was hard to find, the builder actually built the deck over it and put a round (looks like a skimmer plate) access hole.

If you don't have one...it is not the end of the world, however if you every have to drain you have to be extremely careful.

Ahh...

I think I might just have a sump tube.....no pump.

Having the tube provides a measure of protection as any rising groundwater will follow the path of least resistance and rise through the tube vs. trying to force up a pool shell surrounded by a concrete deck.

......or at least I hope so......

Winger 03 said:
Having the tube provides a measure of protection as any rising groundwater will follow the path of least resistance and rise through the tube vs. trying to force up a pool shell surrounded by a concrete deck.

......or at least I hope so......

Yep it does...in fact my buddy has a tube and no pump...there have been times in heavy rains that water is flowing UP and OUT of this tube. I think having a pump in their is even better, but a escape tube in itself is a huge help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.